Can't believe I'm doing this...

Thread: Can't believe I'm doing this...

MicksMom is offline Senior Member

DefaultCan't believe I'm doing this...

I'm actually entering Caleb in an AKC sanctioned obedience match next month (that's assuming they haven't reached the limit yet). I'm just going to do Rally instead of traditional Obedience, tho. I've only done show-n-goes/fun matches before, so this should be interesting!

Now I have to make heads or tails out of the entry form and get it in the mail! LOL

Canine Learning Experience

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Amber The Duck Dawg is offline Senior Member

I would recomend entering pre-novice obedience if they have it. its very good experience and the only obedience class all on leash (its nice to do groups only a few feet from your dog...lol

good luck and have fun

Kelly
    Light, "weedy" individuals are definitely incorrect; equally objectionable are cloddy lumbering specimens. Labrador Retrievers shall be shown in working condition well-muscled and without excess fat. Females should weigh between 55 and 70lbs and Males between 65 and 80lbs. Height females 21.5 to 23.5 inches males 22.5 to 24.5 inches at the withers.

Kelly
    HR Greenwoods Sealion Tsunami SH "Wave" born 3-9-2010
    Greenwoods Amber Wave VCD2 RA SH AX OF WCX CGC "Amber" born 4-13-2005
    Chino Ca

Quote Originally Posted by Amber The Duck Dawg View Post
    I would recomend entering pre-novice obedience if they have it...
    Thanks, Kelly! I am kind of tossing the idea around of Pre-Novice. The reason I'm leaning towards Rally is that's the current classes we're taking. We've kind of bounced back and forth between Rally and traditional obedience since Caleb was about 10 months old.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Shane23 is offline Senior Member

Good luck.
    Laura

Summerlin's Inspired by Armani CD (Shane)

Milesmom is offline Senior Member

Good luck and, most important, have fun! The ring should feel like a really fun place to be for your dog. You don't want the ring to feel like going to the vet or something bad. The nice thing with rally is that you can talk to them as much as you want. You could do both rally and pre-novice.

Ann & Miles
    MACH ARCHEX "Miles" (DOB 3/10/2006) UD RAE MXS MJS OF CW-OB3 CW-ARF CW-AR CW-ZR2 CL-1 (DOB 3/10/2006)
    "Hartley" (DOB 7/21/2012) RN CGC CW-OB1

patm is offline Senior Member

Why don't you do both? Before I entered Rally Excellent and Novice Obedience I took Emilu to a match. It was ourfirst outside show, and very hot. But she did well and we actually won some money!

Quote Originally Posted by Milesmom View Post
    ...You don't want the ring to feel like going to the vet or something bad...
    Yuo mean the vet's is supposed to be a bad place? Someone forgot to tell Caleb that. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Milesmom View Post
    ...The nice thing with rally is that you can talk to them as much as you want. You could do both rally and pre-novice.
    That's the hardest part of Rally for me- I've taken so many years of traditional obedience classes that I forget I can chatter away to the Stink Pot. It's finally sunk in the last couple of weeks (gee, it's only taken 2+ years! LOL).

Quote Originally Posted by patm View Post
    Why don't you do both? Before I entered Rally Excellent and Novice Obedience I took Emilu to a match. It was ourfirst outside show, and very hot. But she did well and we actually won some money!
    I think if I had more confidence in myself I would. Right now I need to know that I can do this- I know Caleb can. Heck, watching a Novice class at a trial last month, I realized Caleb could handle it. It just drove home what I've been thinking for awhile now- my insecurities is holding him back. Time to get working on that! LOL