I have both the Cavs entered in a trial next weekend..just got the stats...6 12 inch dogs in Novice..argggggghhhh how the heck I am going to get the next dog ready not to mention getting my breath back after a run..I sure hope I can move one to the beginning or end of the class...
that's tough - hoping they work with you to keep you happy - I find the more novice the dog/handler the more giving the ring steward usually is
Been there and done that. Hopefully you can get someone ringside to hold one of them for you so you don't have to run all the way back to your crates and then back to the ring!
Hey Deb, I was running 2 @ 20" last year in Nov/Open w/ the same problem, only 6 dogs in that jump height at several of the trials, but they let me split them up just fine. The biggest prob was at SKC when I was to be in BOTH Std Open and Nov JWW at the SAME time!!!! At it was ~90F with equal humidity over there that day. Adn then the timer malfunctioned on Jazz and because she was a slug, I had to rerun for time (2nd time she was several seconds under course time). We still Q'd 3 of 4 runs. I about collapsed though!
Just Mata is entered this weekend as Jazz is in season (expected) and is to be bred. Envy will be riding along to cheer on her mama though.... 14 wks old today. Anne
Oh boy no timer malfunctions please..I don't know if I could run it again..LOL..
good luck this weekend..see ya down there..I'll have Riley with me along with Robbie and Cedar but Flyer will stay with his Grammy..don't know that I could handle all 4 dogs in a hotel..LOL..
Ahhh Wimp! I'm commuting as normal (95 mi isn't so bad considering I did 150 2 weekends ago to the Intl shows!).... It should be a short day both days really w/ the lower entries. Courses ARE going to be all set Fri pm according to my sources so if you're in Nov (and Nov Std is first), be sure to be there bright and early! I'm still planning to be there at 8am as there aren't that many Nov Std and Open is next. Glad we have Std first as it's not as challenging for me to remember the std courses. Maybe my brain will be in gear by afternoon for JWW.
Mata just needs 1 Q for OA......... if we can finish her Open titles in March, I may ship her over to Levines to run while I deal w/ puppies (Fuji is bred too!) all spring/summer.