Why do people have to say unkind things?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why do people have to say unkind things?

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

DefaultWhy do people have to say unkind things?

I'm so over some people. On facebook, all of Ferrari's siblings (owners) have friended me. Now it seems every time I post something about Ferrari, there are a couple of them that say nasty things about the way I'm training him. I'm over it. How can someone who doesn't even know me, or my dog for that matter, say that what I'm doing is causing my dog to be bored out of his mind and criticize the way I train him.

I unfriended them today. I'm so sick of it. Honestly, stuff like this REALLY hurts my feelings, I take it very personally.

I'm definetely finding that labrador people are a lot more easy going and friendly than the BC people I know.

Thanks for letting me rant.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

brody is offline Senior Member

really? how ridic ...
    http://andrea-agilityaddict.blogspot.com/

“I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.” H. Keller

Sophiesmama is offline Senior Member

With friends like that, you don't need enemies! I say "block their butts!" I'd be blocking them so fast it'd make their heads swim!
    ~Pam

Sophie DOB 04/13/2011 6 mo

8.5 mo.

Sophie 15 months, with Skye

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

deidra is offline Senior Member

I would have blocked them at the first rude comment! It angers me when people criticize other people with not knowing anything! I have been criticized before and once someone had a really bad trained dog so i told them"Well at-least my dog knows how to sit". That set them off! I just deleted them and put them on ignore.
    ~It doesn't matter how smart the dog is,it matters how smart the owner is.

kassabella is offline Senior Member

They are jealous because they know at the end of the day you are going to have one hell of a dog. I would keep them as friends and show off even more. Maybe even a litle exaggeration to top it off. lol.

Sorry they upset you.

Kassa 25/11/01 - 09/02/05 O.S Jaw cancer forever in my heart.
    Ernie 25/11/01 adopted May 05
    Sam 11? adopted Nov 06 - 18/12/07 Lyphoma
    Tessa. Rescued June 2011.
    Bone Cancer Dogs org.http://www.bonecancerdogs.org/
    http://kassabella.tripod.com/kassabella/
    http://collarsbychris.weebly.com/

tammyhuffman is offline Senior Member

That is just pure rudeness and they are jealous. Ignore negative people, life is hard enough, who needs that shit?

bett is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by tammyhuffman View Post
    That is just pure rudeness and they are jealous. Ignore negative people, life is hard enough, who needs that shit?
    couldn't have said it better.

MicksMom is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by 3TailsWaggin View Post
    ...How can someone who doesn't even know me, or my dog for that matter, say that what I'm doing is causing my dog to be bored out of his mind and criticize the way I train him...
    Why, because you are "only" a Labrador person, and the are the experts on BCs, don't ch know? Seriously, that could very well be the frame of mind behind their incredible rudeness. It could also simply be the way the printed word comes across. But somehow, I doubt the second thought.

...I unfriended them today ...
    Just what I was going to suggest.

...I'm definetely finding that labrador people are a lot more easy going and friendly than the BC people I know...
    I have found true Labrador people to be more likeable, too. You know the ones- they get a Lab because of the personality and the competing comes second. Then there's a very well known obedience competitor who has Labs. The first time I met her we were just chatting. She asked if Caleb was my only Lab. The next words out of her mouth were, "I prefer field lines," in a very superior tone. We weren't even talking about lines.

Simple solution- forget about BC people and hang out with Lab people!

Luvmydog2much is offline Senior Member

I hear you. I have friended a bunch of 'curly' people, and to be honest, I like them, but some of their 'curly-isms' bother me.

Nola is a picky eater, so if I post about how frustrated I am with trying to feed her, instead of perhaps offering a suggestion to help, they say crap like 'She's a curly'...WTH does that mean? She's a DOG. If you don't have something helpful to add, don't say anything.

Or they act like my training her to do stuff will be bad for her, like sitting. 'Don't teach her to sit', 'Don't teach her to jump, she's a curly...she'll always jump'...UGH.

I've had dogs my whole life.

Just this morning her breeder commented on my feeding her 4 times a day...'don't do that!'...uh, she eats 5 bites and then walks away, so 5 bites times 4 meals a day is better than 5 bites times 2 times a day! Her advice was to starve her, so I went 11 meals without feeding her, thats 5 days with a 5 month old puppy not eating, sorry! NOT WORKING!

I posted about her not holding her sit stay, just frustrated mostly, but something we can train over, all dogs challenge eventually, and of course, I was met with 'She's a curly!'...are you shitting me???

Ugh. Sorry, venting here too! LOL
    'Don't grow up too quickly, lest you forget how much you love the beach.'
    ~ Michelle Held

Rhys, Ruby and Nola

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

That sucks Linda, I'm wary of BC people too, I've met a few that are more high-strung and sensitive than the breed, makes me wonder how owner and dog don't drive each other up the freaking wall. :P

Slight hijack: Melissa, have you tried using the element of competition? Rude (dogo) was a picky eater, until I started feeding him in the same room as the other dogs, a few feet away. None of the other guys would touch his bowl, but *would* finish and lurk around him a bit, in a "you gonna eat that..?" kinda way. That cured him of pickiness real quick, lol.
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast