We did it!

Thread: We did it!

IdahoLabs is offline Senior Member

DefaultWe did it!

Lijah is now Kisawa All In A Day's Work CDX RN CGC!

191/200 points and 2nd place (19 entries, 6 qualifiers) to finish his title. I'm pretty excited; he's my first obedience dog to go above Novice and I'm having fun. We'll take the winter to work on Utility and see where we're at in the spring.
    ~your decisions are only as good as the information you base them on~

Claire DVM
    Lijah UD GO VER RE CGC TDI ASCA-CD (7/10 UDX, 186/200 OM1 pts, 9/100 OTCH pts + UB/OB wins)
    Zen UD VER GO JH
    Boaz JH CD CGC
    Brie CD CGC
    Tara (future amazingness!)
    www.clairedvm.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

windycanyon is offline Senior Member

Awesome!!!!!!!! Rosa was my dog to go 3 for 3 in CDX, and Kiku was next, NQing her first, but then going 4 for 4 w/ a HIT.

Yes, that's just about right for Open (maybe a wee bit high on % qualifiers even). I remember being proud to have 2 of the 4 Q'ers years ago at Spokane out of about that many. Did you show for all the days?

WindyCanyon Girls, August 2014

Belles mom is offline Senior Member

congratulations!!!

Karen and the gang
    BBI Kodi's Journey To Anotch (Journey)
    BBI Kodi's Blackpowder Striker (Flint)

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

patm is offline Senior Member

Huge Congrats! Emilu and I never could get that Open title - after 9 tries and only 1 qualify I gave up - mostly because her heeling was so atrocious.

IdahoLabs is offline Senior Member

Thanks all!
    Anne- yes, we showed both days at Spokane. We actually went 3/4 - pup froze on the recall first day. He looked away for a moment and got confused when I called him in the building; the same training that makes him really solid on his sit/down stays also means he doesn't get up from a stay unless he's certain he's been called. Guess we probably ought to work on that a little more.
    Pat- I met someone over the weekend with a dog in Utility who'd been in the ring over 50 times with only 1Q. (!)
    ~your decisions are only as good as the information you base them on~

Claire DVM
    Lijah UD GO VER RE CGC TDI ASCA-CD (7/10 UDX, 186/200 OM1 pts, 9/100 OTCH pts + UB/OB wins)
    Zen UD VER GO JH
    Boaz JH CD CGC
    Brie CD CGC
    Tara (future amazingness!)
    www.clairedvm.com

windycanyon is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoLabs View Post
    Thanks all!
    Anne- yes, we showed both days at Spokane. We actually went 3/4 - pup froze on the recall first day. He looked away for a moment and got confused when I called him in the building; the same training that makes him really solid on his sit/down stays also means he doesn't get up from a stay unless he's certain he's been called. Guess we probably ought to work on that a little more.
    Pat- I met someone over the weekend with a dog in Utility who'd been in the ring over 50 times with only 1Q. (!)
    That's been a common issue for my dogs too. I think the softer the dog, the more likely they are to question whether they are being "set up" for something, esp if that judge happens to be standing closer than normal to the dog when you leave it w/ that person standing behind them. My voice/intonation is a huge factor too. If I use too commanding of a voice on the first part, sometimes mine will look at me like I'm a martian.

Sonya had several missed sits that last trial, and one of my friends (who happens to be a judge) noticed that it only happened when her back was to the judge. We now know she was about to come into season, so she was more sensitive than normal due to hormones. But this is where pressure training is SO important. I'm sure that some of my dogs would have melted totally if I showed them that close to their heat cycle.

WindyCanyon Girls, August 2014

Muddrunners is offline Junior Member

Congrats on your new title. You should be proud of the both of you.
    Muddrunners Amazing Graycee CGC, CD, RAE, NAJ, NA
    ASCA / CDX, RS-N

Muddrunners 4 Wheelin Hondo-addicted to Kong on a rope
    and swimming

Milesmom is offline Senior Member

WooHoo! Congratulations!

Ann & Miles
    MACH ARCHEX "Miles" (DOB 3/10/2006) UD RAE MXS MJS OF CW-OB3 CW-ARF CW-AR CW-ZR2 CL-1 (DOB 3/10/2006)
    "Hartley" (DOB 7/21/2012) RN CGC CW-OB1