Weekend show results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weekend show results

IdahoLabs is offline Senior Member

DefaultWeekend show results

Lijah did pretty good.

1st place, 193/200 in Open A. We Q'd again today with a 2nd place, 187.5/200, pup got a little paranoid about the judge on a wheelchair in the next ring. We show again this coming weekend in Open and Rally Advanced and then will be done for awhile.

I also got to meet Anne (windycanyon) over the weekend -- real nice dogs and they did great too -- I'll let her brag on her crew. ;-)
    ~your decisions are only as good as the information you base them on~

Claire DVM
    Lijah UD GO VER RE CGC TDI ASCA-CD (7/10 UDX, 186/200 OM1 pts, 9/100 OTCH pts + UB/OB wins)
    Zen UD VER GO JH
    Boaz JH CD CGC
    Brie CD CGC
    Tara (future amazingness!)
    www.clairedvm.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

windycanyon is offline Senior Member

I'd say!!!! You did great especially for that venue. Very distracting to many of the dogs. I'd think the rally judge would be the least of the distractions though (we actually have a couple judges in wheelchairs here, btw... so you may want to practice for that).

How many ended up Qing in Open today?

As for us, I think you could say Miss Sonya just slinked under the wire yesterday. Guess who came into season already (so it's good I pulled her today)???? Kind of explains why she was sluggier than normal in the ring, w/ lots of missed sits (another judge/friend said it was only when the judge was standing behind her, fine if she was facing him). Anyhow, I will take the Q and 4th.... and Title! She's out of commission now for ~5 mos since she's to be bred.

Tango (18 mos) redeemed herself a bit today and ended up w/ a first place in Nov B and 188. Moved a foot on the Stand for Exam, but her heeling etc was much better today. She got caught lagging due to gawking at the table steward on both the heel on lead and heel free! LOL, she's at such a doofus age.
    Last edited by windycanyon; 10-03-2011 at 01:01 AM.

WindyCanyon Girls, August 2014

Just two in Open this morning... the gal with the golden had a 191 or something like that. Had one or two other qualifiers going into sits/downs but one dog broke and the other dog got up on the down.

There's 18 dogs entered in Open A first day in Spokane... this'll be fun! LOL.

Maybe we'll have to proof for the wheelchair-driving judges then... I had both days videotaped and I can see pup do a double-take and totally lose focus when he spotted that rally judge. He was on his way back from the ROF and he finished the exercise but it wasn't pretty. Had him really concerned as we walked closer to do the ROHJ but have to love a FF'd dog... he still did his job.

BTW- congrats again on Sonya and good job w/Tango as well. I didn't stay to see Novice but that's a pretty good run for a youngster.
    Last edited by IdahoLabs; 10-03-2011 at 02:41 AM.

Claire DVM
    Lijah UD GO VER RE CGC TDI ASCA-CD (7/10 UDX, 186/200 OM1 pts, 9/100 OTCH pts + UB/OB wins)
    Zen UD VER GO JH
    Boaz JH CD CGC
    Brie CD CGC
    www.clairedvm.com

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Was that the pretty Golden that was next to Sonya? Her owner was nice-- I had met her before somewhere, for some reason, I'm thinking maybe hunt tests but not sure!

I bet if you mentioned to Barbara (who I intro'd you to) that she could come up w/a wheelchair for one of her matches. Even though my girls have all been around wheelchairs, etc, doing a nov stand for exam w/ a judge in a chair made for some extra training / proofing for Sonya a couple years ago at Wenatchee. Many dogs failed but Sonya was perfect! I really need to do that w/ Tango now that I think about it. She needs to learn not to move a muscle. She also sniffed quite a bit on the Down stay.

ETA-- I wonder if my presence in the ring on Stays was odd to Tango as I really don't do many in sight stays here due to training others in Open at the same time. She's been great on OOS stays. But now you saw what I was talking about w/ the OOS killing so many otherwise qualifiers! It's really too bad but I'm glad they are excusing dogs that move out of position because it was a little scary there last year w/ a couple dogs.
    Last edited by windycanyon; 10-03-2011 at 10:51 AM.

The one dog that broke her stays both days is my friends' long hair chi. WONDERFUL working dog... definite HIT material. That's really a shame she has that issue on Stays but she said the one Q they got was after she came up here for some practice and had made more effort to go to other places. I told her she needed to stop being so nice to Sasha then she won't have that mama's gone anxiety, lol.

Mmmm... I think so. There were quite a few Goldens and everyone was new to me. At least when I showed in Colorado I knew some of the "regulars!" ;-)

Sasha was a very nice working dog. Shame she didn't Q... I agree you sometimes have to get real tough with them. Lijah used to chew through leashes if I left him tied, he's come quite a ways in regards to the anxiety of being left!

Claire DVM
    Zen UD VER GO JH
    Boaz JH CD CGC
    Brie CD CGC
    www.clairedvm.com

Had one of the folks from my area video our run... here's part of the first day:

Kisawa All In A Day's Work CD RN CGC - YouTube

Claire DVM
    Zen UD VER GO JH
    Boaz JH CD CGC
    Brie CD CGC
    www.clairedvm.com

Very nice!!! So who are your judges at Spokane?

Looks like Jill K Jones and Carolyn S Wray for Obedience and Phyllis Woods for Rally... do I need to locate a wheelchair in the next couple days?

Claire DVM
    Zen UD VER GO JH
    Boaz JH CD CGC
    Brie CD CGC
    www.clairedvm.com

brody is offline Senior Member

good work you two (four?!)
    http://andrea-agilityaddict.blogspot.com/

“I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.” H. Keller

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast