Fall plans - what are you showing?

Thread: Fall plans - what are you showing?

IdahoLabs is offline Senior Member

DefaultFall plans - what are you showing?

What's everyone's plans for this fall? I'm headed into AKC Open and Rally Advanced with my pup. We've got enough chances we can title with Open if all goes well, but will only attempt Rally twice this year (it's only $16 to enter!) and then finish it in the spring. Might try ASCA Novice agility around November depending on my school schedule.

What are the rest of you working on?
    ~your decisions are only as good as the information you base them on~

Claire DVM
    Lijah UD GO VER RE CGC TDI ASCA-CD (7/10 UDX, 186/200 OM1 pts, 9/100 OTCH pts + UB/OB wins)
    Zen UD VER GO JH
    Boaz JH CD CGC
    Brie CD CGC
    Tara (future amazingness!)
    www.clairedvm.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

debjen is offline Senior Member

Well we have only 1 trial in October..trying to finish off a couple of Excellent A titles..in Standard for Flyer (although he still needs all 3 legs so not sure we'll do that)..and in JWW for Cedar (he just needs one)... I don't know that I'll be doing any trials after October..Job changes in Novemeber and things still kind of up in the air.

patm is offline Senior Member

Right now I am teaching a Rally/CGC class at my club, and Baxter and I are going to an Advanced Basic class at a closer club (Novice stuff). I am also seriously considering taking him to a local hunt trainer to help me undo all the serious retrieving damage that I had allowed him to develop and continue with . No actual showing in our near future - Baxter will probably be ready for Rally early next spring.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

lcspt is offline Senior Member

Bo is entered in 4 obedience trials in Open B and 3 hunt tests at JH level in Oct. Have Kona and Bo entered in Rally pair Sept 30 for fun and Kona is entered in veteran's obedience at the LRC nationals in Oct.
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

windycanyon is offline Senior Member

I took 2 of my hooligans to Wenatchee KC this am for obedience.... my work has me running 24/7 right now... not much training time AT ALL. Was very pleased to pick up a blue in Open A w/ Sonya and a red in Nov B w/ Tango. Have more trials in 2 wks but am holding my breath that Sonya (who just needs one more Q for CDX) will not come into season before that. Otherwise, I think that's it other than running Fuji in agility here at our local trials, since Mata has been bred and is due Nov 15.

WindyCanyon Girls, August 2014

Milesmom is offline Senior Member

We are going to be doing alot of agility this fall. They open so far in advance around here and fill the day they open, some of them, I entered months ago!

Ann & Miles
    MACH ARCHEX "Miles" (DOB 3/10/2006) UD RAE MXS MJS OF CW-OB3 CW-ARF CW-AR CW-ZR2 CL-1 (DOB 3/10/2006)
    "Hartley" (DOB 7/21/2012) RN CGC CW-OB1

Quote Originally Posted by windycanyon View Post
    I took 2 of my hooligans to Wenatchee KC this am for obedience.... Have more trials in 2 wks
    Wenatchee? Are you in Washington? I'll be at Spokane and Richland/Kennewick in 2 weeks with my pup...

Claire DVM
    Lijah UD GO VER RE CGC TDI ASCA-CD (7/10 UDX, 186/200 OM1 pts, 9/100 OTCH pts + UB/OB wins)
    Zen UD VER GO JH
    Boaz JH CD CGC
    Brie CD CGC
    www.clairedvm.com

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoLabs View Post
    Wenatchee? Are you in Washington? I'll be at Spokane and Richland/Kennewick in 2 weeks with my pup...
    I'm in Yakima, so yes, we're entered both days in Richland. Look me up! That park is on the river, so beware of not only geese, but squirrels that may run thru! We had a GSD break his Nov stay last year and leap thru our Open ring after a squirrel!

And I will say this.... the Group Stays in Open are eating dogs up. We had several qualifiers going into Sits yesterday and all but Sonya either left the ring w/ the owner, laid down or stood up (anxiety issues). This anxiety issue is becoming all too common of a theme in the Open ring, and I really wish folks would start teaching good Stays early on. Even Tango has been doing OOS stays for months now and she's only in Nov but there's no way she'd be ready for Open until next year as immature as she is.

Don't freak me out... lol. My pup'll be fine.

So Sonya was the only one that qualified? There's a gal in the training group here who was going to Wenatchee, hadn't heard but had hoped she'd gotten at least one leg.
    Last edited by IdahoLabs; 09-19-2011 at 08:16 PM.

Claire DVM
    Zen UD VER GO JH
    Boaz JH CD CGC
    Brie CD CGC
    www.clairedvm.com

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoLabs View Post
    Don't freak me out... lol. My pup'll be fine.

So Sonya was the only one that qualified? There's a gal in the training group here who was going to Wenatchee, hadn't heard but had hoped she'd gotten at least one leg.
    Yes, Sonya was the only one on Sunday anyhow! That was the only day I could possibly get away from work.... Looks like a Terv, a Std Poodle and a Visla all Q'd on Sat which is actually a higher than normal Q rate for Open (7 entered on Sat according to the online results).