Confused about my simba!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Confused about my simba!

vamsi is offline Member

DefaultConfused about my simba!

I have adopted simba 2 months back and hez 3months old now.He is my first pup and lots of questions running throught my mind,he is a very naughty guy always trying to make a mess with the things around and never listen nor stop unless i make him get scared that m gonna beat him and sometimes i may even have to beat for stopping him, i feel very bad the moment i beat him and take him into my laps and the next second he starts the same.

Another thing that concerns me is that he doesnt care to come near me nor listen to when my friends or any starngers visit my place ,he goes crazy wagging his tail and showing so much love towards them that he had never showed towards me and starts playing with them and doesnt evn come near me...and the only time he barkes is at the play time and that too he barkes at me!....i donno whether it is normal with the puppies of that age coz he is my first pup.Can anyone please guide me how to teach my pup few good manners

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

If you are beating your dog at any time for any reason, please take the dog to a resuce somewhere and give the poor thing up. You should not have the responsibility for raising or caring for any kind of animal.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

vamsi is offline Member

Unhappy

beating not in the sence that i was hitting it badly using a stick or anything....a small slap with a hand just to stop it destroying the furniture and stuff.......dude i just asked for a good advise as far as u call my guy a poor guy i love my guy more than myself and i always give him all my love and care inspite of all his mischievous acts

And if i would have beat him hard and treat him rudely then i would have already got the solution for it and i dint need to request someone for any advise

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

(1) Never strike your dog with anything for any reason.
    (2) If your dog is doing damage when you are not present, crate the dog.
    (2a) Learn how to teach your dog the crate is his place and to like being in it.
    (3) If you dog is destroying stuff when you are present, he needs attention. Alternatives. Activity.
    (4) How much exercise does you dog get daily? How often per day? Do you play fetch with the dog? Do you do anything that gives the dog the oportunity to run?

Your dog is 3 months old. He is a puppy. He is teething. He needs to and will chew on things.
    Your dog is young. He is smart and learns quickly.

You hit him. Why should he be happy to see you? You need to carry training treat with you at all times. You need to treat him when he greets you when you arrive. You have some work to do to reverse what the dog has already learned about you.

Everything he does that is positive, that is what you want him to do needs to be rewarded. Happy talk voice. Petting. Treats. Out for a walk.

When he does something naughty, he needs to be redirected to something positive. Chewing on furniture, NO! then give him a toy to play with instead. Chewing on you clothes, same thiing.

Read throught he training posts, there are a lot of hints and help there. It won't be done in an hour. You have 6 months of work ahead of you. Maybe a year. Maybe a lifetime. They are constant work, but the reqards they give back are beyond value.

BUT DO NOT HIT YOUR DOG FOR ANY REASON. It is probably your fault he misbehaved anyway.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

Samson is offline Senior Member

I'm sure that there are dog training classes in Mumbai ! That's were you need to take him first. Dogs don't understand slaps and you will end up by having an aggressive dog that has no respect for humans.

Garth is offline Registered Users

Quote Originally Posted by vamsi View Post
    Another thing that concerns me is that he doesnt care to come near me nor listen to when my friends or any starngers visit my place ,he goes crazy wagging his tail and showing so much love towards them that he had never showed towards me and starts playing with them and doesnt evn come near me...
    Why would he want to come to you? YOU HIT HIM & in doing so, are only causing fear & resentment towards you. He probably goes running to your friends in the hope they'll get him the hell away from you. You can't train ANY dog by hitting/beating it & then expect it to obey you. That's just stupid & ignorant.

Do as Ed said & read the training section. If you still can't train him without the need to punish him by hitting him, then you shouldn't have a dog. Perhaps you should stick to something less demanding like a pet rock.

vamsi is offline Member

Thanks a lot for your advise bro...actually its my first pup so i need to learn a lot abt dogs thinking ,his likes and dislikes.

I stay in hyderabad and most of the ppl(neighbours) here dont entertain dogs and i dont like my kid to be caged coz he likes to be around people.I make him play twice a day morning as well as in evening he gets to run but not too much as i can make him play only in the boundaries of my house.

They beat the dogs very badly here in hyderabad at the dog training classes so will never ever let my dog go through such a horrible phase evn though i had to have a mischievous dog forever.
    And the streets are filled with number of street dogs which are very dangerous so its safe for me not to take him out of the house for few months as he is very small.
    Thanks for helping me out guys...AM GOING TO BUY MORE TOYS FOR SIMBA to divert him

vamsi is offline Member

Am so happy to see people who dont hurt dogs and love them so much.....here in my country the streets are filled with the street dogs and people treat dogs very badly and through stones at them thinking that they might harm them...looking at my friends dogs i always thought that i would never hurt my dog as they do and treat him like my own baby.

Very very rarely that have to scare simba for stopping his mischievous acts but i never hurt him he loves me a lot either shows lots of love while playing and sleeping but only when my friends come he acts so.....he is not at all scared of me he loves me a lot but when my friends come we take him out of the house its safe for him to be around more number of ppl outside may be thats the reason he get so excited.

"I DONT HIT MY DOG"....i just scare him from destroying things and as it is my first dog i donno how to react so plz stop saying that i hit him IT HURTS.

Garth is offline Registered Users

"I DONT HIT MY DOG"....i just scare him from destroying things and as it is my first dog i donno how to react so plz stop saying that i hit him IT HURTS.
    We didn't say you hit hit him. YOU DID.

i feel very bad the moment i beat him and take him into my laps and the next second he starts the same.
    Maybe it's the language barrier but you clearly stated you hit him hence the negative reaction to your post.

vamsi is offline Member

beating not in the sence that i was hitting it badly using a stick or anything....a small slap with a hand just to stop it destroying the furniture and stuff.......dude i just asked for a good advise as far as u call my guy a poor guy i love my guy more than myself and i always give him all my love and care inspite of all his mischievous acts

And if i would have beat him hard and treat him rudely then i would have already got the solution for it and i dint need to request someone for any advise
    Sir, i immediately said that my beating dint mean hitting him....nevermind maybe even i would have reacted the same if i was a master of an elder dog by this time or i already owned a dog

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast