Kiku CDX!!!

Thread: Kiku CDX!!!

windycanyon is offline Senior Member

DefaultKiku CDX!!!

I'm very proud of Kiku for finishing her CDX in just 4 trials today, all w/ placements. What a nice, happy little worker she's become in a year's time! Believe me, last spring we had our moments...

Kiku has been busy; she just turned 2 yo on April 12. She finished her RA in April, received her OFA hip/elbow certs and finished her JH in May, and competed in all 4 open obed trials in the span of 2.5 mos. She's now WindyCanyon's Kiku a Fuji Too CDX RA JH! It was extra nice to finish at our local shows. Now to work a bit harder on her older half sis, Sonya, who I messed up today by using the wrong tone on one exercise... sigh. Sonya is so much like their mother, much more into intonation than the actual words, so it makes me have to really think harder as a handler.

Btw, this was another "generation 5" CDX for me (different sub-line than the first), which is also very cool, and my 7th CDX in 10 yrs here since Great great granny Winnie finished her's back in 2001 at 8.5 yrs old after a very late obedience start in life! Thanks for letting me brag but I just love having dogs that enjoy working with me.

WindyCanyon Girls, August 2014

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

debjen is offline Senior Member

congrats Anne..wish I could have watched some of it

Milesmom is offline Senior Member

That's great Anne! Wow, a CDX at age 2? In only 4 trials! That's fabulous! Isn't it great to build that connection with your dog? That's what this is all about, really, in my opinion.

Congratulations!

Ann & Miles
    MACH ARCHEX "Miles" (DOB 3/10/2006) UD RAE MXS MJS OF CW-OB3 CW-ARF CW-AR CW-ZR2 CL-1 (DOB 3/10/2006)
    "Hartley" (DOB 7/21/2012) RN CGC CW-OB1

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

brody is offline Senior Member

brag on woman - brag on -
    I love reading them
    congrats!
    http://andrea-agilityaddict.blogspot.com/

“I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.” H. Keller

MicksMom is offline Senior Member

That's wonderful! Congratulations!

Milesmom is offline Senior Member

Yes, brag on. We know what an accomplishment that is. Show the video or try to explain it to non-dog people and they don't get it.

Ann & Miles
    MACH ARCHEX "Miles" (DOB 3/10/2006) UD RAE MXS MJS OF CW-OB3 CW-ARF CW-AR CW-ZR2 CL-1 (DOB 3/10/2006)
    "Hartley" (DOB 7/21/2012) RN CGC CW-OB1

lcspt is offline Senior Member

Congratulations!!! Each dog can bring us thrills in their journey with us!! You deserve to brag!!
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

windycanyon is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Milesmom View Post
    Yes, brag on. We know what an accomplishment that is. Show the video or try to explain it to non-dog people and they don't get it.
    I love Open because it's so much more "mental" than Novice. I have a pup owner (has one of Envy's sisters) who competed in our ring as well -- we had 3 WindyCanyon dogs running in a row!-- but he is just learning it's not as easy as he had thought. They were able to video Sonya's individual exercises, but not Kiku's since their girl was in Rally Exc at the same time. Sonya's video looked better than it "felt" (I thought she was much laggier than she was), and her tail was going almost the whole time. I was really proud of her when the dumbbell kicked off to the left of the jump and she stayed "honest" taking the jump in both directions --darn dog laid down w/ 20 sec to go on the OOS sits though!!!! Ackkkkk!!!! I knew she was a bit more tired for Day 2. She was doing great on Day 1 til I gave her the wrong voice on the ROF.... she bolted out and then popped, as if to say "did you REALLY mean to send me w/ THAT voice?". Definitely more mental w/ her, but then she's not still "young and dumb" as Kiku is!!!!

So yes, Kiku ended up Qing 4 trials in a row, 4 of 5, all w/ solid scores. Very very cool... I'm going to have to start working Utility w/ her, that's all there is to it, since I've not started her on any advanced field work yet. She finished JH a few weeks ago w/ Envy, and the cost of hunt tests as they are now just are making me rethink a lot of that.

WindyCanyon Girls, August 2014

slackercodemonkey is offline Senior Member

Congratulations!