Weekend Roundup

Thread: Weekend Roundup

Milesmom is offline Senior Member

DefaultWeekend Roundup

Went to a 3 day agility trial this weekend. We were entered in 7 classes. 3 each Excellent JWW and Standard. Open FAST on Friday.

Friday we had a crappy Standard run. That was our first run we NQ'd because of the teeter contacct. Had a lovely JWW run which was Q. Our first MXJ leg and a whopping 3 MACH points. teehee.

We qualified and got second place in FAST but he still blew that teeter contact.

Saturday no Qs for us. Super hard Standard course. That box in the middle that (we went into 3 times) was full of traps. We got all the way through and the stinker blew the teeter contact again!

YouTube - Miles AKC Agility Excellent Standard Bearded Collie Club 5/14/2011

Had a lovely JWW but knicked a bar and it came down. :-(

Sunday, we did Q in Standard although I am still not thrilled with his teeter performance. Got our second MX leg and 13 points. I got in his way in JWW and caused a refusal.

Overall, I am happy because we didn't have bunch of off courses. I think if I get the teeter contact issue resolved we will be more consistent. On some of those courses I was able to think of 2 ways to do the hard sections and execute on the fly. That made me happy.

On a side note, the lady I rode with hooked me up with someone who can help me train Miles for an AKC hunt test! Yippee!

Ann & Miles
    MACH ARCHEX "Miles" (DOB 3/10/2006) UD RAE MXS MJS OF CW-OB3 CW-ARF CW-AR CW-ZR2 CL-1 (DOB 3/10/2006)
    "Hartley" (DOB 7/21/2012) RN CGC CW-OB1

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

debjen is offline Senior Member

congrats on the Q's you did get..it's hard in Excellent when all it takes is 1 little mistake..LOL..we are trialing this weekend ... I am doing 8 runs a day on friday and saturday and 6 on sunday..I'm crazy..LOL

Milesmom is offline Senior Member

Wow! You gonna be one tired mama!

Okay, we worked sequences with the teeter Tuesday night and Wednesday night at 2 different places. No issue. Must be the excitement of a trial. Probably should get to a run thru

Ann & Miles
    MACH ARCHEX "Miles" (DOB 3/10/2006) UD RAE MXS MJS OF CW-OB3 CW-ARF CW-AR CW-ZR2 CL-1 (DOB 3/10/2006)
    "Hartley" (DOB 7/21/2012) RN CGC CW-OB1

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

brody is offline Senior Member

it's hard to replicate a trial anywhere else ... sorry the teeter gitched him out ... glad you got him back

congrats on the MACH points and the Qs
    http://andrea-agilityaddict.blogspot.com/

“I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.” H. Keller