Top Dog and Stuff

Thread: Top Dog and Stuff

Amber The Duck Dawg is offline Senior Member

SmileTop Dog and Stuff

I need to get ready for top dog as it is on November 14th. Amber and I are going to be in Open. I much prefer Open as Amber never did well with the stand for exam, she just doesn't like people going up and touching her. I have tried to change a few things since we did Open back in April and May by having her look up at me on recalls and such in an effort to improve fronts and stop her from head butting me on returns. Need to practice a few groups and such to get back in the groove.
    Top Dog is a team event with 6 dogs (2 novice, 2 open and 2 utility) in southern California with usually around 20 teams. The teams are from either breed or obedience clubs I am going with the Labrador Retriever Club of So. Cal. and it should be alot of fun.
    One other thing I did this past weekend was apprenticed for Hunt Test Judge only Senior and Junior but it was alot of fun and should make me a better Handler. I have even had a couple of clubs ask me if I would be available in Spring.
    I am also thinking of running my first 5K this weekend. There is a local event and I think it would be good for me to run it and help get me motivated to run a bit more.
    I think thats everything thats been going on in my life since my last post.

Kelly and Amber
    Light, "weedy" individuals are definitely incorrect; equally objectionable are cloddy lumbering specimens. Labrador Retrievers shall be shown in working condition well-muscled and without excess fat. Females should weigh between 55 and 70lbs and Males between 65 and 80lbs. Height females 21.5 to 23.5 inches males 22.5 to 24.5 inches at the withers.

Kelly
    HR Greenwoods Sealion Tsunami SH "Wave" born 3-9-2010
    Greenwoods Amber Wave VCD2 RA SH AX OF WCX CGC "Amber" born 4-13-2005
    Chino Ca

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

That is wonderful news.

I can't even imagine running a 5K. Good luck on that.

Milesmom is offline Senior Member

Hi Kelly!

That sounds like a fun event. Good luck!

Have fun running the 5K. Will this be your first? I am avid runner now splitting my hobby time between two hobbies. My dog runs with me most mornings that is why I named him Miles.

Good luck!

Ann & Miles
    MACH ARCHEX "Miles" (DOB 3/10/2006) UD RAE MXS MJS OF CW-OB3 CW-ARF CW-AR CW-ZR2 CL-1 (DOB 3/10/2006)
    "Hartley" (DOB 7/21/2012) RN CGC CW-OB1