Brag Alert: 5th Generation CDX!

Thread: Brag Alert: 5th Generation CDX!

windycanyon is offline Senior Member

DefaultBrag Alert: 5th Generation CDX!

Neither wind, nor rain, nor (lots of) snow and slush on the mountain passes kept us home today. So, though I didn't win the award for common sense (the pass was terrible to W. WA!)..... I do have a NEW CDX in the family!

So meet *5th generation* Open obedience titled WindyCanyon's Envy CDX RA --aka Envy Doodle! (Gotta know her to understand that nickname, but she's a bit silly).

Envy's daddy is Intl CH Merganser's Hi-Rollin Hudson CD MH and mom is my Mata (Intl CH WindyCanyon's Northern Spy CDX RA JH OA OAJ CC). Envy is a "tweener" for sure... ~50/50 field/show bred and is a LOT of fun! She just turned 2 yrs old on Nov 30 and as the subject says, is my 5th generation CDX-- all 5 Gen done in less than 10 yrs! It all started w/ Great Great Granny Winnie who was 8.5 yrs old when I did her open title along w/ Great Granny Gala! Ahhh, the memories. I'm sure that Winnie, Gala and Rosa were smiling on from above today, esp when Envy stopped just before one exercise to thoroughly smell something in the dirt (yikes!). The judge said, "will you pick up that white piece and just toss it out of the ring?". Well, the "white piece" was a BIRD FEATHER!!! I just started laughing-- and said, "no fair to have bird feathers in the ring!!!!" He smiled a big one!

Anyhow, we've been out of the trialing loop since early October due to Sonya's litter but today Envy finished up w/ a solid 191.5 and 2nd place in Open A at the place I do a fair number of agility trials at (just 1 pt out of the blue, darn it!). All 3 Q's were w/ placements (a 3rd and a 1st). Now back to hunt test work (1 JH Q to go and in training for SH) and maybe we'll start a bit of agility too-- though I'm going to have to shed some winter poundage to keep up w/ her!

Celebrating here now that we're all home safe and sound, albeit w/ 2 windshield "owwies" that need to get repaired tomorrow.... Anne
    Last edited by windycanyon; 02-27-2011 at 11:05 PM.

WindyCanyon Girls, August 2014

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

debjen is offline Senior Member

Congrats Anne you have done a great job with all of your dogs...I'm going over to Argus next weekend..hope the weather is better.

slackercodemonkey is offline Senior Member

Awesome Awesome Awesome! Do you have a video? :-D

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by slackercodemonkey View Post
    Awesome Awesome Awesome! Do you have a video? :-D
    No, no video but a fellow lab club member was in attendance so can vouch for us. LOL. I had to point out most of our shortcomings to her because she didnt catch most from outside the ring.

Debbie, I hope for your sake the roads are A LOT better next weekend. I was close to turning around at Cle Elum this am, it was that bad. Very much in question of my sanity. I skipped Kiku's Rally Advanced session after looking at the WSDOT pass report at 5am. And it was only 14F out at the time... and my shop kennel was not much better despite turning the heater up last night. I just couldn't put the other 5 out there at 6am in those temps (Sonya is shedding, so w/o much of her undercoat). It was up to ~28F and sunny by the time I left at 10am w/ the baby, Kiku (took her just for the exposure to the site) and Envy.

Chains were REQUIRED on all vehicles coming home tonight except AWDs, yet the trip over was far worse, imo. I think every idiot that never has driven on snow was out there. Lots of folks in the median....

Milesmom is offline Senior Member

Wow! Congratulations. The roads were so bad you needed CHAINS???

Congrats on the CDX! That's a difficult title to earn. Congrats.

Ann & Miles
    MACH ARCHEX "Miles" (DOB 3/10/2006) UD RAE MXS MJS OF CW-OB3 CW-ARF CW-AR CW-ZR2 CL-1 (DOB 3/10/2006)
    "Hartley" (DOB 7/21/2012) RN CGC CW-OB1

patm is offline Senior Member

Huge Congrats!!!

lcspt is offline Senior Member

Congrats!!! Glad you got there and back home safely.
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

Quote Originally Posted by Milesmom View Post
    Wow! Congratulations. The roads were so bad you needed CHAINS???

Congrats on the CDX! That's a difficult title to earn. Congrats.
    Yes, and if you want to see how nasty the mountain pass looks at this moment, click here! WSDOT - Snoqualmie Pass Road and Weather Conditions

Chains required this am also.... This is the lowest (easiest) pass we've got to connect us to the Seattle area. Feb and March are the heaviest months for mountain snow but that "future irrigation water" (which is stored in huge reserviors) enables our farmers to grow crops on this side of the mountains, so we really do appreciate it!

Off to get the windshield repaired shortly. One chip has already run ~4". They can fix it as long as it's under ~6"...........

And now the pass is closed. Avalanches!.... Saw the reader sign on my way home from the windshield repair shop.

Debbie, I truly wish you luck this weekend and think you may need it. My only saving grace was it was still cold (enough) yesterday but now w/ the warmer temps comes more snow and the inevitable avalanches. Be sure to check the DOT before you leave home-- you probably do anyway, but just in case you aren't in the habit I thought I'd mention that!

debjen is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by windycanyon View Post
    And now the pass is closed. Avalanches!.... Saw the reader sign on my way home from the windshield repair shop.

Debbie, I truly wish you luck this weekend and think you may need it. My only saving grace was it was still cold (enough) yesterday but now w/ the warmer temps comes more snow and the inevitable avalanches. Be sure to check the DOT before you leave home-- you probably do anyway, but just in case you aren't in the habit I thought I'd mention that!
    Yep I have been checking. I am suppose to go over thursday but things don't start until friday..hopefully things well get better over the next couple of days..although it was snowing in Naches this evening during class and on the way home