Made it to Edinboro for our last Agility trial for awhile

Thread: Made it to Edinboro for our last Agility trial for awhile

Milesmom is offline Senior Member

DefaultMade it to Edinboro for our last Agility trial for awhile

The weather gods smiled on us on Saturday so I made the trip to Contryside Agility for the trial. We had fun, had success with some things we've been struggling with but had no Qs.

Our Jumpers run, not so good. I am always really nervous in Jumpers at Countryside for some reason. I blew this run by not supporting the jump during the easy part of the course. I worried too much about those pinwheels. Then I lost my head a bit, left out a planned front cross after the second pinwheel. But, he didn't fall into that first tunnel trap, so that was good. I am glad Standard was better. I am learning with each run, so it is all good!

YouTube - AKC JWW Excellent at Countryside Agility 2/26/2011

Here is our Standard run. I am quite proud of it even though we NQ'd because of the table refusal. He did that because I said "sit" before he was actually on the table. We have been working go outs for utility so he just stopped at the table looking at me as if to say "really?" LOL! Once again, Dog right, handler wrong!

Anyway, he didn't fall into any of the many traps on this course. The flip from the tunnel to the dog walk was textbook. I found my voice, used it, told him he was a good dog and he ran quick and happy. I am very excited about that.

YouTube - AKC Excellent Standard at Countryside 2/26/2011

No Q's but I learn with each run.

Now we embark on the tour of obedience trials in the area. Starts in 2 weeks.

Ann & Miles
    MACH ARCHEX "Miles" (DOB 3/10/2006) UD RAE MXS MJS OF CW-OB3 CW-ARF CW-AR CW-ZR2 CL-1 (DOB 3/10/2006)
    "Hartley" (DOB 7/21/2012) RN CGC CW-OB1

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

windycanyon is offline Senior Member

That is quite the facility! I can't imagine running where my dogs dont end up dirty, lol! Nice runs though. Oh so close...

WindyCanyon Girls, August 2014

We are very fortunate to have a few really nice facilities within a reasonable driving distance around here. (Northeast Ohio). The judge at that trial even commented about that at one of the briefings.

This particular facility is in a defunct mall. We crate in various former stores. There are a few stores left but not many. I like that I can work obedience skills in the mall between runs. LOL!

Ann & Miles
    MACH ARCHEX "Miles" (DOB 3/10/2006) UD RAE MXS MJS OF CW-OB3 CW-ARF CW-AR CW-ZR2 CL-1 (DOB 3/10/2006)

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

windycanyon is offline Senior Member

What a great idea! Lots of good parking too, I bet.

WindyCanyon Girls, August 2014

2yellowlabs is offline Senior Member

Ann - Nice runs with Miles. I'm envious of your start line stay. I doubt that Recon will ever be that solid. The JWW course was wild - lots of pinwheels and that took some handling - I thought you did a nice job and your standard run was terrific. Countryside looks better than I remember. I only went once with Shamrock and it was a debacle. Maybe I should try again with Recon. See you on the 12th. B
    Betsy
    Kelleygreens Couer D'Or, CGC,CD, RAE2 - Doro - Nov. 21, 1995 to Jan. 14, 2010
    Kelleygreens The Shamrock Kid, CGC, OM, UDX2, RE, NA, NAJ, AXP, AJP, ASCA CDX, - Shamrock
    Kelleygreens The Few, The Proud, CGC, CDX, GN, NA - Recon

brody is offline Senior Member

That's awesome good work both of you
    http://andrea-agilityaddict.blogspot.com/

“I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.” H. Keller

slackercodemonkey is offline Senior Member

That is awesome. I felt silly, I almost clapped after watching the first video. Thanks for sharing.

Anne, I am sure the town is grateful to have someone using that mall. We have a huge mall in a town near me that is pretty much empty. Will probably fall apart one day. The only thing I don't like about this place is there isn't much area to take the dogs outside.

Betsy, yes, the 12th. My heart jumped in my throat when the judging program came yesterday. After that aweful run thru on Monday, I am nervous. Last night, I had him outside working on healing, signals and gloves with marshmallows all over the driveway and my husband playing with another dog in the yard. Poor boy....

Ann & Miles

2yellowlabs is offline Senior Member

Ann - I do think Utility A is one of the few areas where just about everyone is rooting for you. Sometimes in Open B & Utility B you don't always see great sportsmanship (IMO) but most handlers know how hard Utility A can be and I think there is real encouragement and support there. I have to look at the times again. I have to be there most of the day both days so I will try to watch your run. B
    Betsy
    Kelleygreens Couer D'Or, CGC,CD, RAE2 - Doro - Nov. 21, 1995 to Jan. 14, 2010
    Kelleygreens The Shamrock Kid, CGC, OM, UDX2, RE, NA, NAJ, AXP, AJP, ASCA CDX, - Shamrock
    Kelleygreens The Few, The Proud, CGC, CDX, GN, NA - Recon

Oh thanks Betsy. That will be grea. In looking at the program, it looks like we will be in the ring quite late. Utility A is after Utility B. There are 25 in B and we are the 6th in A. We are the 30th utility team to go. They are aren't esimating a time, but I bet Utility A won't start before noon. I will be there anyway obsessively watching the teams before me.

I did meet a team at the run thru I went to in Akron last week who are also doing Utility A. She is very nice and has a lovely standard poodle. So at least I will have a friend!

Ann & Miles