Does this sound reasonable?...
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Does this sound reasonable?...

  1. #1
    MicksMom is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    8,330

    DefaultDoes this sound reasonable?...

    $300 for a 3 day intensive workshop on competition obedience (7 hours each day). Price includes continental breakfast and lunch. Oh- no building rental or fee for those running workshop.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    debjen is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,683

    Default

    If that is a working spot I would say extremely reasonable. I've paid 300 for a 2 day agility seminar.

  4. #3
    brody's Avatar
    brody is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    ontario canada
    Posts
    3,895

    Default

    fabulous price for a workshop up here too
    http://andrea-agilityaddict.blogspot.com/

    “I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.” H. Keller

  5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    MicksMom is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    8,330

    Default

    Thanks, ladies!

    Quote Originally Posted by debjen View Post
    If that is a working spot I would say extremely reasonable. I've paid 300 for a 2 day agility seminar.
    Yep, working spot. With Betsy & Linda at Top Dog. I've never done anything more than classes, so I wasn't sure. Now I just have to figure out if we can afford it. I rolled over $100 in quartes over the weekend, so that's a start. I wonder how much I have stashed away in pennies, nickles and dimes?

  7. #5
    brody's Avatar
    brody is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    ontario canada
    Posts
    3,895

    Default

    Roll baby roll especially if they are trainers you WANT to work with ...
    http://andrea-agilityaddict.blogspot.com/

    “I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.” H. Keller

  8. #6
    windycanyon's Avatar
    windycanyon is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    C. WA
    Posts
    2,623

    Default

    It'd have to be someone VERY special for me to pay that kind of $$$. If I did that w/ every venue I worked my dogs in, I'd have been broke long ago, but obviously there are others who are willing to pay.

    That said, I just bought a nice DVD set today for proofing competition obed exercises at all levels for ~$100 produced by a very accomplished obed trainer.

    WindyCanyon Girls, August 2014

  9. #7
    Milesmom's Avatar
    Milesmom is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Chesterland, Ohio
    Posts
    742

    Default

    Based on what I've seen that price is in line with normal fees for such a workshop. I agree with what someone said about it being a trainer you want to work with and who's training philosophies you like. It is great to get a perspective from someone other than with whom you normally train with, but you want to make sure they are in harmony with each other.

    7 hours a day 3 days in a row sounds like a lot. Expect a very tired dog and you at the end.

    Ann & Miles
    MACH ARCHEX "Miles" (DOB 3/10/2006) UD RAE MXS MJS OF CW-OB3 CW-ARF CW-AR CW-ZR2 CL-1 (DOB 3/10/2006)
    "Hartley" (DOB 7/21/2012) RN CGC CW-OB1

  10. #8
    MicksMom is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    8,330

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by windycanyon View Post
    It'd have to be someone VERY special for me to pay that kind of $$$. If I did that w/ every venue I worked my dogs in, I'd have been broke long ago, but obviously there are others who are willing to pay...
    Well, the 2008 & 2009 NOC, Tyler trains with Betsy & Linda (he was 1st runner up in 2010, too). So does the 2007 & 2008 1st runner up & 2009 3rd runner up and several teams who qualified for the NOC in 2010. I think I counted 6 teams from Top Dog that competed (including Betsy and her Golden, Dealer). I don't usually do workshops & seminars- mainly because we really can't afford it (I'd love to go to the Sylvia Bishop one, but that's something like $600!). If we didn't have all this change sitting around, I wouldn't do it.

    Betsy- Top Dog Obedience School

    Linda-Top Dog Obedience School


    Quote Originally Posted by Milesmom View Post
    Based on what I've seen that price is in line with normal fees for such a workshop. I agree with what someone said about it being a trainer you want to work with and who's training philosophies you like. It is great to get a perspective from someone other than with whom you normally train with, but you want to make sure they are in harmony with each other...
    LOL Well, it won't be with anybody new- Top Dog is where we train.


    Quote Originally Posted by Milesmom View Post
    ...7 hours a day 3 days in a row sounds like a lot. Expect a very tired dog and you at the end.
    Well, you know what Patricia McConnell says- "A tired dog is a good dog." LOL

  11. #9
    windycanyon's Avatar
    windycanyon is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    C. WA
    Posts
    2,623

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MicksMom View Post
    Well, the 2008 & 2009 NOC, Tyler trains with Betsy & Linda (he was 1st runner up in 2010, too). So does the 2007 & 2008 1st runner up & 2009 3rd runner up and several teams who qualified for the NOC in 2010. I think I counted 6 teams from Top Dog that competed (including Betsy and her Golden, Dealer). I don't usually do workshops & seminars- mainly because we really can't afford it (I'd love to go to the Sylvia Bishop one, but that's something like $600!). If we didn't have all this change sitting around, I wouldn't do it.

    Betsy- Top Dog Obedience School

    Linda-Top Dog Obedience School



    LOL Well, it won't be with anybody new- Top Dog is where we train.



    Well, you know what Patricia McConnell says- "A tired dog is a good dog." LOL

    Sounds to me like you didn't need to ask!

    WindyCanyon Girls, August 2014

  12. #10
    Milesmom's Avatar
    Milesmom is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Chesterland, Ohio
    Posts
    742

    Default

    I'd go for it! Enjoy!

    Ann & Miles
    MACH ARCHEX "Miles" (DOB 3/10/2006) UD RAE MXS MJS OF CW-OB3 CW-ARF CW-AR CW-ZR2 CL-1 (DOB 3/10/2006)
    "Hartley" (DOB 7/21/2012) RN CGC CW-OB1

Similar Threads

  1. Vet visit was very reasonable price
    By Linda1 in forum Lab Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-26-2007, 09:12 PM
  2. Does this sound ok?
    By myfavoritedog in forum Lab Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-18-2006, 06:53 AM
  3. It was nice to meet some reasonable folks!
    By myfavoritedog in forum Lab Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-14-2006, 12:26 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25