I have made a decision

Thread: I have made a decision

patm is offline Senior Member

DefaultI have made a decision

Right now I am taking Baxter to conformation classes on Sunday afternoons, and Emilu and Baxter to obedience classes on Thursday nights (gone from my house from 7 am to 10:30 pm). It is too much for me, and I think too much for Baxter right now - he is only 6 months old, and I think that I should just take him to one type of class right now -which will be comformation, because I can start showing him in conformation a lot earlier than I will be able to show him in obedience. I can continue training him things at home, but a class situation is too much. As for Emilu, since I am not showing her anymore, I'm not sure what to work on her with in class - I was thinking about training her for some utility things, so I can learn how to train for them, but I realize my heart isn't in it for her right now, so that wouldn't be fair. I think, that we will work on freestyle dancing! it would be something fun for both of us, and she is a great "hand follower" so I think she might do well and enjoy it. I feel good about these decisions right now. I will probably start Baxter back in obedience in 2 or 4 months, depending on how he is doing.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

debjen is offline Senior Member

Sounds like a good plan...I know I put our obedience on hold because we are spending so much time on agility that obedience felt like work and not fun any more..so you have to go with what you feel is best for you and your dogs.

brody is offline Senior Member

That sounds like a great plan!! I think taking some time to have fun will pay in spades
    http://andrea-agilityaddict.blogspot.com/

“I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.” H. Keller

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Belles mom is offline Senior Member

Freestyle is a lot of fun! I took a class with Hoss last year and really enjoyed it. I kinda wish I had more time and would take more classes (but as of now we are taking classes three nights a week, and for nights is just a bit much for me). Good luck and have fun!!

Karen and the gang
    BBI Kodi's Journey To Anotch (Journey)
    BBI Kodi's Blackpowder Striker (Flint)

Milesmom is offline Senior Member

Good plan! There really is no point in doing all that obedience training, classes anyway, if you are done doing obed with her. You can find other fun things to do with her instead. Once Miles has his UD, no more obed classes for him. We can focus more on agility, maybe do some field work and try for a JH or even try to learn tracking. Dock diving. Freestyle. There are so many neat things to do.

Ann & Miles
    MACH ARCHEX "Miles" (DOB 3/10/2006) UD RAE MXS MJS OF CW-OB3 CW-ARF CW-AR CW-ZR2 CL-1 (DOB 3/10/2006)
    "Hartley" (DOB 7/21/2012) RN CGC CW-OB1