Goals for 2011
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Goals for 2011

Luvmydog2much is offline Senior Member

DefaultGoals for 2011

There, I did it!

Our goal this year is simply to keep well, and expand by 1; get a new puppy started right and keep the old workers healthy and happy. I'll be ecstatic if we accomplish just these few things.

Happy Holidays everyone!
    'Don't grow up too quickly, lest you forget how much you love the beach.'
    ~ Michelle Held

Rhys, Ruby and Nola

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

MidwestGirl is offline Senior Member

How exciting a puppy!

lcspt is offline Senior Member

My goals for Bo......... keep training and proofing open and utility exercises, go to many show and go's to reduce his stress. Help him have fun in the ring now matter where we are and possibly enter a trial toward the end of the year (no set time or date in mind). Want to cont field training ........... increasing the distance he will go to retrieve to prepare for entering hunt tests in the fall.

Kona ......... learn how to track, teach him an indication for finding the article and for me to learn to read him as he tracks.
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

debjen is offline Senior Member

My goals for all 3 dogs is to keep working at our agility ... It would be nice if all 3 dogs where in Excellent by the end of the year..Cedar is already there so would like to have his excellent titles, Robbie is there in Jumpers but still in open in standard and Flyer is in Open Jumpers and Novice Standard..

Well see if I get motivated to do any obedience this year..I didn't at all this year so we'll see.

Last goal no new dogs (Flyer's mom and dad have been bred again)..I do not need another dog, I do not need another dog, I do not need another dog!!!!!!!!!!!!!

windycanyon is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by debjen View Post

Last goal no new dogs (Flyer's mom and dad have been bred again)..I do not need another dog, I do not need another dog, I do not need another dog!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    LOL!!!! I hear you (as I listen to the constant banter of 3 wk olds)!

Okay my goals for 2011:

1) Fuji (7 yrs): Semi-retired but will have fun w/ Open agility.
    2) Mata (5.5 yrs): Finish Excellent titles. Work on Utility in our spare time.
    3) Sonya (4 yrs): Get back in shape after litter and work on CDX and SH.
    4) Envy (2 yrs): Finish last CDX & JH legs, work on SH and start in agility now that OFAs are done --Good/normal (yea!).
    5) Kiku (20 mos): Start on CDX, finish RA and last JH leg. Get OFAs done in April!
    6) Terrible Tango (almost 9 mos): Finish force fetch, start on JH, Rally and Obed.
    7) Jazz (7 yrs): Belly rubs and butt scritches are all she yearns for.
    8) Puppy?????? (3 wks): I'm hoping to land a good co-owner so I don't have to worry about starting another here just yet!

Anne
    Last edited by windycanyon; 12-25-2010 at 10:05 PM. Reason: wrong year, lol

WindyCanyon Girls, August 2014

Milesmom is offline Senior Member

Deb, just remind yourself that a puppy will take time away from the other three! That's why I only have one. Every time I think of a puppy I realize I don't want to sacrifice time with Miles.

Our goals?

Obedience-I am hoping to get the UD this spring. I have 4 make up classes owed me and there are at least 3 run thrus I can get to in addition to my regular Monday night class. He's pretty solid. My instructor is even saying she'd like to see us in utility this March and she doesn't say that unless she really thinks you can Q.

Agility- Our title goal is to get the AX and AXJ. Once we achieve that start working on a MACH. I told my instructor I need to get better at handling speed changes (my speed). I just go fast and drive him off into the sunset sometimes where, at times, I should slow to q a turn. I also need to get better at awareness of location on the course. I usually know the course, but will look up and see that the next obstacle is not where I saw it in my minds eye. Therefore, he isn't optimally set up for the next thing. Of course I need to get better at reading when my dog is committed to an obstacle so I don't babysit so much. Sends to the weaves would be nice to have too!

Field-If he gets his UD, we will put away the dumbbells and gloves and get a bumper, duck & whistle! We will not pursue the UDX. He doesn't care much for obedience. He goes along with it to please me. But he'd love to retrieve a duck, especially from a pond. I will join the buckeye retriever club, find some folks to train with and see if we can work toward a JH.

Ann & Miles
    MACH ARCHEX "Miles" (DOB 3/10/2006) UD RAE MXS MJS OF CW-OB3 CW-ARF CW-AR CW-ZR2 CL-1 (DOB 3/10/2006)
    "Hartley" (DOB 7/21/2012) RN CGC CW-OB1

Amber The Duck Dawg is offline Senior Member

Amber- Finish Senior Hunter Title, TDX,UD,AXJ, Master Hunter Leg??

Wave- CD,Run Derby's, Senior Hunter, Tracking??
    Light, "weedy" individuals are definitely incorrect; equally objectionable are cloddy lumbering specimens. Labrador Retrievers shall be shown in working condition well-muscled and without excess fat. Females should weigh between 55 and 70lbs and Males between 65 and 80lbs. Height females 21.5 to 23.5 inches males 22.5 to 24.5 inches at the withers.

Kelly
    HR Greenwoods Sealion Tsunami SH "Wave" born 3-9-2010
    Greenwoods Amber Wave VCD2 RA SH AX OF WCX CGC "Amber" born 4-13-2005
    Chino Ca

debjen is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Milesmom View Post
    Deb, just remind yourself that a puppy will take time away from the other three! That's why I only have one. Every time I think of a puppy I realize I don't want to sacrifice time with Miles.

That's exactly why I don't need another dog. I really need to work with the 3 I have which is hard enough.

MicksMom is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Milesmom View Post
    Deb, just remind yourself that a puppy will take time away from the other three! That's why I only have one. Every time I think of a puppy I realize I don't want to sacrifice time with Miles...
    I do the same thing.

My goals for 2011 are pretty simple- get Caleb's RA. If our first venture into the Advanced ring, and the past few weeks at class are any indication, that could take awhile. LOL

brody is offline Senior Member

hmmmm

I'm at a bit of a loss here - must be cause it isn't January

Thea - get another 100 or so points towards her level 1 CPE 1000 point title

Brody - get another masters jumpers q ... there may be more goals for him but I'm really not sure .. if there are more here they might include participating in regionals (and maybe nationals) and getting 3 more masters snookers qs
    CPE - finish all level 3 titles if I cna find enough trials

Sally - hmmmm - my big goal is mastering the aframe til I'm as confident with her as I am with Brody and Thea ...
    CPE finish all level -2 game titles, try level 1 standard (again if I can get to enough days)
    AAC ... get my starters games title .. (which means 2 snookers qs - good luck to me!) and realistically getting my advanced games title ... not sure I'll run standard courses (see point 1 for Sally)

I have a feeling this may get edited a few times
    http://andrea-agilityaddict.blogspot.com/

“I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.” H. Keller

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast