Question about obedience, rally and tracking rule change…

Thread: Question about obedience, rally and tracking rule change…

MicksMom is offline Senior Member

DefaultQuestion about obedience, rally and tracking rule change…

OK, I know you can't show under your instructor for 6 months after the last class you've taken (to put it simply). Now, the way I read the rule change that takes effect Jan 1st, that was changed to 30 days (see link). Our instructor said that's only for seminars, that classes is still 6 months. After reading it over a couple of times tonight, I can see where it be only for seminars, but I can also see where it could be the way I was thinking. Any input/thoughts/insights?

http://www.akc.org/pdfs/about/board_minutes/1110.pdf

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

windycanyon is offline Senior Member

I'll ask my friend who instructs and is a licensed obed judge. It sure does sound like 30 days to me too-- hope so! It won't help me since we train together more frequently than that in most cases, but there may be times of the year that it'll help. It's esp a pita that he's trying to get final credentials in Open right now, and that of course is where I'm most often entered...

WindyCanyon Girls, August 2014

kaytris is offline Senior Member

your trainer is right.. the key phrase is "regularly trained or instructed within 6 months." So I couldn't enter under the trainer who runs my agility classes for 6 months, nor could I enter under Webb Anderson since I was at his seminar last month.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by windycanyon View Post
    I'll ask my friend who instructs and is a licensed obed judge. It sure does sound like 30 days to me too-- hope so! It won't help me since we train together more frequently than that in most cases, but there may be times of the year that it'll help. It's esp a pita that he's trying to get final credentials in Open right now, and that of course is where I'm most often entered...
    I'm hoping so, too. Our instructor just informed me that she's resigning at the end of this session (last class will be the beginning of Feb). One of our students wanted to enter the Cavalier rally trial at the end of March, but our instructor is judging it.

Quote Originally Posted by kaytris View Post
    your trainer is right.. the key phrase is "regularly trained or instructed within 6 months." So I couldn't enter under the trainer who runs my agility classes for 6 months, nor could I enter under Webb Anderson since I was at his seminar last month.
    I'm questioning the wording that takes effect Jan 1- it says 30 days for " (page 8 in the link above). Under the new rule, you can show under the guy whose seminar you took. The way it's worded, I'm confused if it means instruction, etc through a seminar or if it means classes, etc.

kaytris is offline Senior Member

the full section is quoted in the appendix. They differentiate between the seminar giver (30 days) and your regular trainer (6 mos)

the full section is quoted in the appendix. They differentiate between the seminar giver (30 days) and your regular trainer (6 mos)
    Aaa thank-you! It sure would have been a lot simpler if they had left the new wording as "attended a seminar". LOL

windycanyon is offline Senior Member

Bummer..........

WindyCanyon Girls, August 2014