A little late, but anybody going to the Back Mtn KC shows this weekend?...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A little late, but anybody going to the Back Mtn KC shows this weekend?...

MicksMom is offline Senior Member

DefaultA little late, but anybody going to the Back Mtn KC shows this weekend?...

The Stink Pot and I are entered in our first Rally Advanced class tomorrow.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

lcspt is offline Senior Member

Not entered but best of luck to you!!
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

Quote Originally Posted by lcspt View Post
    Not entered but best of luck to you!!
    Thank you. I've been a little anxious about it the last couple of days. I feel a little better after running through a course after class last night, tho.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Milesmom is offline Senior Member

Good luck. I am sure you will do fine. I remember when I first moved up from novice and they took the leash away. I felt like I'd lost my left arm. It didn't take long to get over that and find the leash to be more of a nuisance than anything else. Please let us know how it goes!

Ann & Miles
    MACH ARCHEX "Miles" (DOB 3/10/2006) UD RAE MXS MJS OF CW-OB3 CW-ARF CW-AR CW-ZR2 CL-1 (DOB 3/10/2006)
    "Hartley" (DOB 7/21/2012) RN CGC CW-OB1

Quote Originally Posted by Milesmom View Post
    Good luck... !
    Thank-you, Ann

Quote Originally Posted by Milesmom View Post
    ......Please let us know how it goes!
    I'm going to let the pictures tell the story. Just waiting to get them from my husand.

brody is offline Senior Member

hope you had fun!!
    can't wait to hear the paly by play
    http://andrea-agilityaddict.blogspot.com/

“I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.” H. Keller

Quote Originally Posted by brody View Post
    hope you had fun!!...
    That we did. Especially Caleb.

...can't wait to hear the paly by play
    Well, maybe this will help. BTW- the woman in black holding the clipboard outside the ring is our instructor, and also the woman I assist in the evenings.
    http://backmtntrial.shutterfly.com/pictures/10#10

that's great but I'm on dial up ... so I will hope the page loads ... 8:30 now
    8:33 - nothing to see except a grey box at the moment
    8:34 - a picture - YAY
    I love how engaged your instructor is in your performance - that's awesome (though at this point it would probably scare me to death!)
    8:36 waiting for picture 2 ...
    8:39 - it's up - I love the smiles on your and caleb's faces
    last picture loading now

I'm glad you had fun

what should the position be in the last picture? your body language suggests a certain "OHHHHH" but I'm not up on obedience in a formal sense at all

“I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.” H. Keller

...I love how engaged your instructor is in your performance - that's awesome (though at this point it would probably scare me to death!)
    It's kind of a Top Dog thing- everybody hangs out and supports each other. I'm so used to Sara watching us do courses that it didn't phase me (plus the fact that once I get in the ring, I tend to block everything else out)

......I love the smiles on your and caleb's faces...
    Oh, we definitely have a lot of fun. And just looking down into his smiling face makes me smile. Which, of course, makes him smile even more.

......what should the position be in the last picture? your body language suggests a certain "OHHHHH" but I'm not up on obedience in a formal sense at all
    Weeellll- the sign was Halt, Call Front, Finish Right, Halt. He was supposed to have been sitting next to me at that point. Then come to front and finished when I told him to. Instead, the Little Stink Pot decided to butt tuck around the entire ring, resulting in an NQ for lack of control. But, oh, did he have fun!!

HAHAHAHA

I mean - BAD CALEB!!

actually I was thinking about it and just from the pictures it looks like you might have left him in a stay to go to the other side of the jump - had him break his stay and bolt past you ... which is sort of what happened so I'm glad my thinking was along the right track

I block stuff at trials too - no problem for me actually but I have yet to have an instructor watch me .. at this point I think it might make me cranky - which is a shame as I'm sure they'd have good feedback but I'd be like "how do you think I got here?" LOL- bad bad attitude with coaches sometimes - I was a lousy student at school guess it spills over into a sport I love (my attitude towards my riding coaches was much better - I should probably reflect on why)

anyhow - enough of my rambles ... I hope the experience of the big butt tuck doesn't go to his head
    do you have another trial soon?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast