No utility for us......
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No utility for us......

Milesmom is offline Senior Member

UnhappyNo utility for us......

Hi guys! Miles has developed a tumor in his leg, right at the ankle. It came on really fast. At first it just looked and felt like his ankle joint had gotten slightly bonier. I honestly thought it was my imagination. Then last week, while I was at my work conference it got more noticeable. By the weekend, it was quite noticeable. I didn't bother him at all. Not reaction even if I really pushed on it.

I couldn't get it out of my head so I took him to the vet Monday morning. The vet says it is a tumor and it has to go. He says these grow quickly. Since we are doing to surgery, he didn't want to exray or needle biopsy. He'd rather wait to exray till Miles is out. What is the point of a needle biopsy if the tumor is coming out anyway? I could have scheduled the surgery for Tuesday, but opted for Thursday because I can work from home Friday and keep an eye on him and the rest of the weekend.

He said if the tumor isn't painful let him maintain normal activity, including aglity, until the surgery. It won't hurt anything. I let him go run with me yesterday morning. He wanted to go and he had blast while we were out there. When I got home from work last night, he could barely walk. I am so upset. I wish I would've made him stay home when I went to the park or I wish I would've had that tumor removed on Tuesday. It is just so hard to see my boy in pain.

Last night, he was lying in his crate and I decided to get him a cookie dipped in peanut butter. Yes, comfort with food! I tried to be so careful opening the cookie jar so he wouldn't hear it and get up. I thought I did good till I turned around and saw him hobbling acrss the family room. Well, he still loves his treats. I would be even more worried if that had changed!

Obviously, there won't be any competitions for us in the near future. I did email the show secretaries so they can cross us off the list, especially in Youngstown where we are first in Utlity A. I wish I knew who had armband 302 and 303 so I could let them know. I would hate to think I am second in the ring and find out last second. "Oops, you are first, get your dog!"

Surgery is tomorrow. Prayers for Miles please! I will keep you posted.

Ann & Miles
    MACH ARCHEX "Miles" (DOB 3/10/2006) UD RAE MXS MJS OF CW-OB3 CW-ARF CW-AR CW-ZR2 CL-1 (DOB 3/10/2006)
    "Hartley" (DOB 7/21/2012) RN CGC CW-OB1

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Betsy or Susan,

If you are out there early, I have armband 301. If the table steward for utility didn't get the message, can you let them know we won't be there either day?

Ann & Miles
    MACH ARCHEX "Miles" (DOB 3/10/2006) UD RAE MXS MJS OF CW-OB3 CW-ARF CW-AR CW-ZR2 CL-1 (DOB 3/10/2006)

Belles mom is offline Senior Member

Good thoughts headed your way! Here's hoping for a speedy recovery!

Karen and the gang
    BBI Kodi's Journey To Anotch (Journey)
    BBI Kodi's Blackpowder Striker (Flint)

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

bett is offline Senior Member

hoping it's nothing serious.

MidwestGirl is offline Senior Member

Prayers for Miles and I hope all goes well.

debjen is offline Senior Member

Hoping everything goes well..will be sending good thoughts for thursday

windycanyon is offline Senior Member

Wow, I'm SO sorry to read this. Prayers coming for a speedy recovery for Miles!!!!
    Anne

brody is offline Senior Member

OH NO

((((((HUGS)))

fingers crossed for it being a lump of fat and a fast recovery with excellent margins
    http://andrea-agilityaddict.blogspot.com/

“I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.” H. Keller

lcspt is offline Senior Member

Prayers for a complete cure and quick recovery.
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

Thank you all so much!

Came home last night and his foot wasn't hurting as much. It did my heart good to see him trot off into the woods and come back proudly carrying the biggest baddest stick he could find! Boy, did he want to play! This morning he is doing his version of Snoopy's "Sup Sup Suppertime!" dance. Sorry guy, no breakfast today. That lump is coming off!

Ann & Miles

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast