Happy Teeter Boy

Thread: Happy Teeter Boy

Milesmom is offline Senior Member

DefaultHappy Teeter Boy

Yesterday, I went to my friends house again to use her teeter. My goodness, my dog likes ANYTHING he can associate with food. He eagerly went up that teeter repeatedly, in fact, my problem became keeping him away from it when I wanted him to do something else. I finally had to decide, "okay, I am not rewarding that". He still seemed to love it. As if "Okay, now that I am not scared of this thing, I think it is great fun!".

I think what may have happened is that after he seemed to master the teeter, I became complacent about managing his teeter performance and stopped rewarding it. Then as we changed our focus to other handling skills and increasing course speed, the teeter performance got neglected and with more speed became scary because I wasn't paying enough attention to it. I sometimes forget how green my dog really is in agility.

If it doesn't rain today, I will try to go visit yet another friend who has a teeter totter. I think I am going to ask Santa Claus for a teeter.

Ann & Miles
    MACH ARCHEX "Miles" (DOB 3/10/2006) UD RAE MXS MJS OF CW-OB3 CW-ARF CW-AR CW-ZR2 CL-1 (DOB 3/10/2006)
    "Hartley" (DOB 7/21/2012) RN CGC CW-OB1

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

brody is offline Senior Member

I'm glad the Teeter Tour is going so well

I'm sure you are right ... and believe me I've seens dogs erode specific obstacle behaviour LONG after anybody could call them green ..
    especially jumps actually as people forget to "pay" once the behaviour is well known and ingrained ..
    http://andrea-agilityaddict.blogspot.com/

“I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.” H. Keller