Saturday agility report

Thread: Saturday agility report

debjen is offline Senior Member

DefaultSaturday agility report

Well it is our local trial and as usual we have variable weather..everything from sun to rain..at least no snow yet..

Robbie's jumpers run was over before it started..he went around the 1st jump and ran around a bit before I got him back to the beginning to try again..same result so he got carried off...his standard run was better in that we started and finished the course but it was an NQ..

Cedar had an okay jumpers course he just took a few extra obstacles..dang tunnel sucking dogs..LOL...He would have Q'd in his standard run but he popped out of the weaves at the last pole and since I'm working on happy weaves right now I'm not putting him back in..

We'll try again tomorrow.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

Glad you had a good day, sounds like it was fun even without Q's!

windycanyon is offline Senior Member

I got what I wanted out of the weekend... a new OAJ title! Mata finished hers up w/ a clean run today on Mr. Robin's course which was beautiful, imo. Now we have to run Mr Dan's "the Wicked Man's" tomorrow. I don't think I could have remembered that course he used Friday if we were entered, so am hoping the trend is for 'easier' as the weekend progresses w/ him. I know his Exc Std course felt much better today after his 3-discrimination course yesterday! We had a clean run going til the down contact on the dog walk which I can't tell you when the last time was that Mata missed but she was booking it, I yelled WHOA! Touch!!! and it was almost as though she said WEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeee! And jumped off. Saw many dogs do the same. LOL. Oh so close to our first Exc Std Q... darn.

Fuji took bar #1 in Nov Jumpers this am (I was running to get her to the ring once again after running both Open Jumpers and Exc Std w/ Mata first... 3 runs in a one hour span! ), so I think my rushing had something to do w/ that but wow... she booked that course in less than 28 seconds! And I have to say, she's at least 3# over agility weight.... too much free time w/ the others eating apples and walnuts on my property, I'm afraid! On Standard, I think it's affirmative that the new rubber surfaces on the contacts were the issue as she ran past the teeter (tried it first on the right,then the retry was on her stronger side, left and was okay).. then past the dogwalk. My retry was far too close and so she was called for 2 more refusals.. but I got her on and over it and heard Dan say "Good Job". He used to be an obed judge, and I know he loves to see dogs have fun, but he also wants to see handlers get success w/their dogs too.

Judge Dan (the wicked man this weekend to me, lol) laughed at Mata and I on his Exc Std course yesterday so I gave him a hard time today. He said, "I wasn't laughing AT you, I was trying to laugh WITH you!". Anyhow, yesterday Mata was favoring the tunnels (1 very fast one, w/ just a slight "zig" in the one that we encountered on two of the discrims... and Mata took it both times-- ackk!), and the 2nd time after I tried to get her up the A frame, I said "Yea right, FFFfine... that'll work just fine, Mata!... now GO JUMP (amazing she did at that distance)... Table! At which point Dan is laughing during his countdown as he saw the devil in her eyes... I think Dan has Goldens, do you remember Deb??? Anyhow, he definitely has a wicked sense of humor. Even the MACH handlers were groaning yesterday. Anne
    Last edited by windycanyon; 10-17-2009 at 09:50 PM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

debjen is offline Senior Member

I thought Dan had labs..He has certainly had some tough courses lately...Congrats on your title..

windycanyon is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by debjen View Post
    I thought Dan had labs..He has certainly had some tough courses lately...Congrats on your title..
    You may be right... I think he had a Guide Dog career changee for one, but they've got to be getting older now. I'll have to ask him.

Small to Tall will be so much easier on us today! Yea!!! Anne