I did it...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I did it...

Milesmom is offline Senior Member

DefaultI did it...

Entered Utility, that is. I got the confirmation email yesterday and thought, oh boy, I really did do that, didn't I.

His training is moving right along since I started focusing on it in earnest. We've been working on all the utility skills for a long time, but over the summer, I got to practicing more agility. Then in August, I refocused. The utility skills are really coming along. I've been practicing in parks and fields-we've had soccer practice next to us, we've had cross country teams running by, one day we even had the hiking hounds come through. He does pretty well with all that going on around him, then last night in class, he was a real rock star! Hi run outs and directed jumping was stellar. Boy, if he can work like that in the ring, we should do okay. If only, right? Now, my instructor is having us do little proofing excersizes with the gloves, articles and signals. Refining.

We have a "fun match" this Sunday. Then there are several run throughs I plan to get to. Hopefully, all this exposure will help me keep my head when it is time for the real thing. That's always the issue. The pressure gets to me and I behave differently and confuse and worry my dog. I want to avoid that. I want to keep it fun for bud.

Anyway, I entered YABTC and CABTC. October and November will be busy! Keep your fingers crossed for us!

Ann & Miles
    MACH ARCHEX "Miles" (DOB 3/10/2006) UD RAE MXS MJS OF CW-OB3 CW-ARF CW-AR CW-ZR2 CL-1 (DOB 3/10/2006)
    "Hartley" (DOB 7/21/2012) RN CGC CW-OB1

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

debjen is offline Senior Member

Good luck..you'll do great

Belles mom is offline Senior Member

Good luck!

Karen and the gang
    BBI Kodi's Journey To Anotch (Journey)
    BBI Kodi's Blackpowder Striker (Flint)

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

2yellowlabs is offline Senior Member

Ann - Good for you - might as well plunge right it. I'm not sure if I'll be at YABTC but I will be at CABTC to do prize tabulating. I might enter Shamrock in Rally to start his RAE. Haven't decided for sure. I'll lend all the support I can. B
    Betsy
    Kelleygreens Couer D'Or, CGC,CD, RAE2 - Doro - Nov. 21, 1995 to Jan. 14, 2010
    Kelleygreens The Shamrock Kid, CGC, OM, UDX2, RE, NA, NAJ, AXP, AJP, ASCA CDX, - Shamrock
    Kelleygreens The Few, The Proud, CGC, CDX, GN, NA - Recon

Oh good, Betsy. It is always good to have someone rooting for you.

Ann & Miles
    MACH ARCHEX "Miles" (DOB 3/10/2006) UD RAE MXS MJS OF CW-OB3 CW-ARF CW-AR CW-ZR2 CL-1 (DOB 3/10/2006)

patm is offline Senior Member

Wheeeeeeeee!!!!!

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

Awesome Ann!!!!!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

windycanyon is offline Senior Member

Have fun! I always like to enter Open w/ the thought that it's just practice, so if by chance we qualify, I'm thrilled. Will take the same approach to Utility when we finally get there. Anne

lcspt is offline Senior Member

Best of luck to you ......... remember to breathe and have a great time!!!
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

Thanks for the well wishes everyone!

When we work the utility excersizes, Miles is really getting it. I was working him in our driveway last night and he nailed his go outs but got a little confused on the signal to stand. He's up to about 90% on that. Directed retrieves and articles were awesome! My husband commented that his work ethic has changed. Now he sees that Miles is excited just waiting for the command to do something, like looking forward to it. Where in the past, he was just kind of "huh, okay, I just hope I do what you want so I get a cookie". Now he's excited to leap to the job. I love that!

We have a match coming up this Sunday. I am looking forward to seeing how we do in a "show setting".

Ann & Miles

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast