Our Agility Weekend

Thread: Our Agility Weekend

Amber The Duck Dawg is offline Senior Member

DefaultOur Agility Weekend

I entered Amber over a 4 day agility event at Lake Irvine,Ca (Silverado). We competed in Open JWW Fri Sat and Sun and Excellent A STD on Fri Sat Sun and Monday. (Monday was Excellent only) Friday Amber fell off the dogwalk and landed on her shoulder and chin, so we stopped that run her JWW run was pretty good but she knocked a bar and then I pulled her offcourse by mistake so we had a NT. Saturday she Broke her startline stay in standard so I stopped our run, JWW I sent her to a wrong course tunnel. Sunday in STD she fell off the side of the teeter and landed on her chest on the teeter pivot, her JWW run was really nice but she missed the weavepole entry so we had an R but still ended up with a 4th place and a Q. Monday in STD I was babysitting her on every contact to slow her down. this was fine except that I rearcrossed the A-frame very late and Amber actually did a U-turn on the upside and came back down. We finished the rest of the course very well.
    It has been about 14 months since she had her last Q in Open Jumpers after being off for about 10 months due to an elbow injury (soft tissue). I am very happy to just be able to run with her, after her injury I wasn't sure she would ever run agility again. I realize that I am very lucky to be able to step to the startline with her, and am never going to take that for granted.

Kelly and Amber
    Light, "weedy" individuals are definitely incorrect; equally objectionable are cloddy lumbering specimens. Labrador Retrievers shall be shown in working condition well-muscled and without excess fat. Females should weigh between 55 and 70lbs and Males between 65 and 80lbs. Height females 21.5 to 23.5 inches males 22.5 to 24.5 inches at the withers.

Kelly
    HR Greenwoods Sealion Tsunami SH "Wave" born 3-9-2010
    Greenwoods Amber Wave VCD2 RA SH AX OF WCX CGC "Amber" born 4-13-2005
    Chino Ca

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

Neat! We can never take for granted walking into a ring with our partners. We don't know what the next moment holds for us. Have a great time!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

Sounds like you worked very hard all weekend! Maybe some more Q's next time out.

I still need that ellusive Q in Open JWW to be in Excellent all the way around. Ruger's been doing the jumps okay, but he's sucking big time in the weaves lately!!