Weave poles on the way!

Thread: Weave poles on the way!

Milesmom is offline Senior Member

DefaultWeave poles on the way!

After watching Susan Garrett's video, I finally decided to order my weave poles. I got the email that they will be delivered today! I ordered 6 sets of 2because I think that will be easier for me to store.

Anyway, once I get back from vacation at the end of the month and past the heavy trialing "season" coming up, we'll get started on our 2X2 training. Yippee!

I must say, my dog is a completely different dog at agility class. He is so fired up for it. Last night, when instructor was demoing, he was standing on his hind legs barking because he didn't wanted in the ring. I am glad he is so fired up for agility but I am not used to my mellow country boy acting that way. He is strong as an ox too. I wasn't sure I could hold him. He finally settled down, performed great in the ring last night.

Ann & Miles
    MACH ARCHEX "Miles" (DOB 3/10/2006) UD RAE MXS MJS OF CW-OB3 CW-ARF CW-AR CW-ZR2 CL-1 (DOB 3/10/2006)
    "Hartley" (DOB 7/21/2012) RN CGC CW-OB1

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

Not to burst your bubble, but did you get 24" poles? AKC is changing to 24" spacing between the poles. I've been to two trials and recent run-thrus that have used the 24" poles, what a difference for the big dogs! My dogs love them

I think USDAA will still be using the smaller spacing between the poles.

Just wondering if Susan Garrett was offering the 24" ones?

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

Wonderful Ann!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

EMA
    EMA is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by 3TailsWaggin View Post
    Not to burst your bubble, but did you get 24" poles? AKC is changing to 24" spacing between the poles. I've been to two trials and recent run-thrus that have used the 24" poles, what a difference for the big dogs! My dogs love them

I think USDAA will still be using the smaller spacing between the poles.

Just wondering if Susan Garrett was offering the 24" ones?
    The only issue is that AKC hasn't fully approved it. I'm waiting for it to officially go through before I change my set. We've trialed on 24" weaves...I like the smaller spacing, but that's just me.

Its easier to train your dog in the smaller openings and go bigger than to start at 24" and have to go smaller.

A welder can easily fix the weave poles...as soon as it is official, I will be taking mine to a friend to fix.

USDAA and a few others still use the smaller spacing so if you ever plan to compete in those venues, 24" poles won't be an advantage.

Betsy, from what I've been hearing it's all but a done deal. My dogs love them. It's so much easier on their spines than the smaller spacing.

I'll hold onto my old set, but I hope to get the wider ones made for me

Oh well that was a dilemma! We are starting with CPE which is 22". I decided to get 22" figuring that moving wider would be easier than training 24 and having to trial in CPE at 22.

I didn't order from Way to Weave. They charge a rate for 20" spacing and add $40 for other spacings! I found 2X2 on another site from someone based in Ohio and between the lower price and lower shipping cost, saved close to $100. They came yesterday and they look good. Even my husband said they look like they are built to last forever!

Anyway, we will get started soon!

Ann & Miles
    MACH ARCHEX "Miles" (DOB 3/10/2006) UD RAE MXS MJS OF CW-OB3 CW-ARF CW-AR CW-ZR2 CL-1 (DOB 3/10/2006)

That's cool. Let me know where you got them as I'm looking for the 24" ones.

I sent you a private message.

Ann & Miles