Fun Sunday

Thread: Fun Sunday

windycanyon is offline Senior Member

SmileFun Sunday

I finally ran Fuji (choc CDX JH RN) in an agility trial Sunday... after "dinking" around w/ her for the past 2-3+ yrs, I felt that she had an awful lot of natural talent and desire there going to waste. I never pushed agility w/ her because she had suffered a rather bad neck injury at ~18 mos, and the thought of possibly hurting herself again just gnawed at me. But I taught her the basic channel weaves, and every now and then I'd need a substitute to take to class, so I'd take her "just for fun" (if a sister came into season or whatever), and she'd amaze me. So now she's almost *6*, has had 2 litters (3 if you want to count a disaster dead singleton requiring C-Section), and I finally decided to let her compete.. about the time that most are thinking about retiring or at least going to preferred heights!

Our first course (std) started w/ a tunnel, and as I sat her "pudgy" butt in front of the entrance, she started bouncing and pawing like she was going to break! I was shocked to see my mellow Fuji act like that! She really IS a bit pudgy, btw.... had been sneaking far too many apples and walnuts the past couple months (I do private consulting/analytical work for the fruit industry), hence she is packing ~3# extra pounds that I would really rather her not have for this sport especially, but they really snuck up on me! Anyhow, it may have been okay as she almost left me in the dust a couple times as it was! Even w/ a couple run bys (A frame and dogwalk, interesting since she usually sucks to them but I'm wondering if the new rubber surface had something to do w/ that), we were still under course time by 15 sec. She Q'd in Std, but gravity got the best of us as she knocked a bar in JWW (time was great again). Still.... she far exceeded my expectations, we had nice compliments, and best of all, she really enjoyed herself.

I also ran her younger half sis Mata in Exc Std and Open JWW-- got skunked in both but did better than I would have hoped on the JWW course w/ just one R on the weaves and a knocked bar (was told only 2 Qd in that!). Hopefully I managed to have a few cobwebs knocked out of me, cuz we're entered this upcoming weekend as well. Looking forward to more fun! Anne

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

debjen is offline Senior Member

the girls were looking good and having some fun...hopefully we will both have more q's this weekend..I added up our runs..14 runs and only 3 Q's...freezing temps...goose poop..we do this for fun??????

Just watching the 11 O'clock news and they are saying we will be back in the 60's for the weekend..so hopefully they are right

patm is offline Senior Member

That's neat! Glad you ALL had a great time!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

windycanyon is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by debjen View Post
    the girls were looking good and having some fun...hopefully we will both have more q's this weekend..I added up our runs..14 runs and only 3 Q's...freezing temps...goose poop..we do this for fun??????

Just watching the 11 O'clock news and they are saying we will be back in the 60's for the weekend..so hopefully they are right
    Back in the 60's, but......... 30% chance of rain every day. Won't bother mine (in fact, it usually makes them wilder), but I know it'll bother alot of small dogs, esp.

I was pleased the geese didn't do their flybys while we were in the ring! Goose poo doesn't bother me, we're used to it by now (they come graze in my field), but flyovers are not fair w/ labs! Anne

debjen is offline Senior Member

Yep..Both Robbie and Cedar chase flying birds too...so glad we didn't get any while we were in the ring..

My guys don't seem to mind running in the rain..now going out to potty in the rain is another thing..but going to do something fun they don't care if it is raining or not

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

Sounds like she had a good time. congrats on the Q and hoping you'll get a few more to go along with it next time

Jefferson'n'Ted is offline Senior Member

Awww. I'd love to see a video of that!
    “If I know every single phone call you’ve made, I’m able to determine every single person you’ve talked to; I can get a pattern about your life that is very, very intrusive. And the real question here, is what do they do with this information that they collect – that does not have anything to do with al-Qaeda? And we’re gonna trust the president and the vice president that they’re doing the right thing? Don’t count me in on that.”
    Joe Biden, 2006