hardly anybody competing this summer??

Thread: hardly anybody competing this summer??

brody is offline Senior Member

Defaulthardly anybody competing this summer??

or is everybody like me and figures that as hardly anyone comments no one is interested?
    I'm interested - I really enjoy reading everybody's experiences - good and not so good

please share if you are doing stuff
    http://andrea-agilityaddict.blogspot.com/

“I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.” H. Keller

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

debjen is offline Senior Member

Actually I've probably been showing more this summer than I ever have before but it's still only averages out to about once a month (and I think I've been sharing it all)..with three dogs competing now it's too darn expensive. I know there are people in our club that trial almost every weekend and I really don't know how they do it (they must make a whole lot more money than I do) besides I would really get nothing else done..LOL...We are trialing next weekend and then again at the end of August.

brody is offline Senior Member

So tell me all about it
    http://andrea-agilityaddict.blogspot.com/

“I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.” H. Keller

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Belles mom is offline Senior Member

I am active with Kodi and Hoss. We were supposed to be at a UKC show today, but after driving for two hours I found out that their power was out. So, God willing it will go on tomorrow...4 shows in one day! I have not done two shows in one day (and multiple classes at that), much less 4 shows! I am hoping to finish Hoss' URO2 and UCDX this weekend and Kodi's UUD and start her quest for her UOTCH. At least it is not supposed to be as hot as it is today.

I never thought Hoss would get to Utility, but I am likely to try by this fall. Right now all the pieces are starting to fall together, I just need to "take it on the road"

I want to get back into hunt tests again, especially with Hoss, but I just do not seem to get the time....danged work seems to get in the way (and I only work afternoons)! And the hunt tests are about $60.00 each. If I could afford it, I would love to compete every weekend, one in obedience, one in hunt tests, one in agility, one in Dick diving, and one in Freestyle (and now UKC has lure courseing for all breed and I think that would be a BLAST!!! I know Kodi would crave it). Then back to obedience!

Some day I'd also like to get back into agility. I dabbled briefly with it in 2000, but I did not have a good place to train. Now, I just get confused with all the different classes and venues there are out there!

Karen and the gang
    BBI Kodi's Journey To Anotch (Journey)
    BBI Kodi's Blackpowder Striker (Flint)

Milesmom is offline Senior Member

I don't trial much in the summer unless it is air conditioned. My dog turns into a slug in the summer and I don't want that to become a habit. Besides, he's miserable. I did make an exception and enter rally for today. It was hotter than heck but I wanted to finish the RAE and I figured I can cheerlead in rally. Can't in Obed.

We got an 89 in Excellent (3rd place). I expected a better score but I think he pretty much hit me for lots of things other judges let slide. Got a 97 in Advanced (1st place). It's a double Q and it finished the RAE. Actually, both courses were pretty easy and I think he was giving us all a break because of the heat.

Ann & Miles
    MACH ARCHEX "Miles" (DOB 3/10/2006) UD RAE MXS MJS OF CW-OB3 CW-ARF CW-AR CW-ZR2 CL-1 (DOB 3/10/2006)
    "Hartley" (DOB 7/21/2012) RN CGC CW-OB1

Belles mom is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Milesmom View Post
    We got an 89 in Excellent (3rd place). I expected a better score but I think he pretty much hit me for lots of things other judges let slide. Got a 97 in Advanced (1st place). It's a double Q and it finished the RAE. Actually, both courses were pretty easy and I think he was giving us all a break because of the heat.
    Congratulations!!!

Karen and the gang
    BBI Kodi's Journey To Anotch (Journey)
    BBI Kodi's Blackpowder Striker (Flint)

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

We've been showing a lot until Caleb strained his back again. We go back into the ring Friday. Showed in Canada earlier this month with Micah.
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

Milesmom is offline Senior Member

Thanks Karen! I know what you mean about all the agility venues and different games. AKC is pretty straightforward. CPE has the game classes and I think USDAA does too. Then you have ASCA. I figure CPE ad AKC will keep us as busy as we need to be. I've decided not to explore USDAA because their performance requirements would be harder on my dog 20" weaves vs 22" or 24" and my dog's jump height would be 26" vs. 20". Even if we entered in Performance, he'd have to jump 22".

Ann & Miles
    MACH ARCHEX "Miles" (DOB 3/10/2006) UD RAE MXS MJS OF CW-OB3 CW-ARF CW-AR CW-ZR2 CL-1 (DOB 3/10/2006)
    "Hartley" (DOB 7/21/2012) RN CGC CW-OB1