run -thru last night

Thread: run -thru last night

Milesmom is offline Senior Member

Defaultrun -thru last night

Last night, I went to my first run thru where we did Utility. Gosh, the guy running the utility ring was so nice. Made me feel very comfortable. Of course, a run thru is training, but it can be easy to forget that. Since Miles and I are both so green, we are not nearly ready to run thru utility as if it were the real thing.

Based on my instructor's advice, I signed up for 2 utility spots but split up the excersizes and did open in between but only his 3 favorite open excersizes. The idea was to keep things light and fun and make sure he maintained confidence and felt successful.

We did really well. He's doing great on signals, stand for exam, and scent articles. We need some work on the go out and directed jumping. He tends to wander right on the go out. When he turns to sit, always turns right. This makes the jump to the left more difficult. We are going to keep working on the jumping using 2 jumps, starting close together and gradually moving them out and adding distance. I need to make a new front box for the go out. Gloves need work too. He's not thrilled about how they feel in his mouth. It was hotter than heck too.

Well, we have rally this weekend. Tomorrow is calling for mid-90's with a heat index near 100. The only good thing is that we start early and will hopefully be done before 11:00. With rally, I can cheerlead to keep him going. Thank God I didn't get the notion that obedience would be a good idea this weekend.

Ann & Miles
    MACH ARCHEX "Miles" (DOB 3/10/2006) UD RAE MXS MJS OF CW-OB3 CW-ARF CW-AR CW-ZR2 CL-1 (DOB 3/10/2006)
    "Hartley" (DOB 7/21/2012) RN CGC CW-OB1

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

2yellowlabs is offline Senior Member

Ann - Are you going to Medina to do Rally? We are doing OB - Terry is showing Shamrock for UDX legs and Recon in Novice. It will be so hot tomorrow - yuck. I am not great when the humidity is high. I hope we are on the way home by 1pm or so. If you are going to Medina - I think Rally and OB are in two different buildings. Maybe we'll see you!!! Betsy
    Betsy
    Kelleygreens Couer D'Or, CGC,CD, RAE2 - Doro - Nov. 21, 1995 to Jan. 14, 2010
    Kelleygreens The Shamrock Kid, CGC, OM, UDX2, RE, NA, NAJ, AXP, AJP, ASCA CDX, - Shamrock
    Kelleygreens The Few, The Proud, CGC, CDX, GN, NA - Recon

Yes Betsy, we are going to Medina. I know rally and obedience are in two different buildings and they aren't even close together. When we are done, I'll come look for you.

Good luck today!

Ann & Miles
    MACH ARCHEX "Miles" (DOB 3/10/2006) UD RAE MXS MJS OF CW-OB3 CW-ARF CW-AR CW-ZR2 CL-1 (DOB 3/10/2006)

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

debjen is offline Senior Member

Good luck to all

2yellowlabs is offline Senior Member

Ann - Looks like you and Miles finished your RAE if I'm reading the infodog web site correctly. HURRAY for both of you. We skipped today - just too hot and the temp was bothering our pups yesterday after really not much exertion. We're going tomorrow as temp should be considerably lower. Hope we see you although I suspect we may not. B
    Betsy
    Kelleygreens Couer D'Or, CGC,CD, RAE2 - Doro - Nov. 21, 1995 to Jan. 14, 2010
    Kelleygreens The Shamrock Kid, CGC, OM, UDX2, RE, NA, NAJ, AXP, AJP, ASCA CDX, - Shamrock
    Kelleygreens The Few, The Proud, CGC, CDX, GN, NA - Recon

Hi Betsy! I did go looking for you. It was hotter than hades by that time, so I was pretty eager to get the AC going in my car. We did finish that RAE so won't be going back tomorrow.

Good luck!

Ann & Miles

brody is offline Senior Member

Congrats

how was the run? were you happy?
    http://andrea-agilityaddict.blogspot.com/

“I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.” H. Keller