To Ann - Miles Mom

Thread: To Ann - Miles Mom

2yellowlabs is offline Senior Member

DefaultTo Ann - Miles Mom

Ann - I hoped to see you this weekend at the Agility Trials at the Soccerplex. Just checking to make sure you and or Miles are A-OK. Betsy
    Betsy
    Kelleygreens Couer D'Or, CGC,CD, RAE2 - Doro - Nov. 21, 1995 to Jan. 14, 2010
    Kelleygreens The Shamrock Kid, CGC, OM, UDX2, RE, NA, NAJ, AXP, AJP, ASCA CDX, - Shamrock
    Kelleygreens The Few, The Proud, CGC, CDX, GN, NA - Recon

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Milesmom is offline Senior Member

Oh Betsy! How thoughtful of you!

Yes, I had entered for Sunday. I had originally entered Saturday, then my stepdaughter announced she was having our grandson's first birthday party on Saturday and Maureen was nice enough to switch our entry to Sunday. My former son-in-law passed away on Saturday. Of course, I wasn't that close to him, he and my daughter divorced about 4 years ago, but he's the father of my 6 year old grand daughter and that made this important to me. The memorial was yesterday at 1:00. I had even considered coming for JWW in the morning. Then my grand daughter asked if me and mommy would take her to church so she could learn more about heaven. She was pretty insistent. Wow! I absolutely could not refuse. There will be other agility trials!

Thanks for checking on us Betsy!

Ann & Miles
    MACH ARCHEX "Miles" (DOB 3/10/2006) UD RAE MXS MJS OF CW-OB3 CW-ARF CW-AR CW-ZR2 CL-1 (DOB 3/10/2006)
    "Hartley" (DOB 7/21/2012) RN CGC CW-OB1

Ann - I'm so sorry to hear about your former son-in-law. He must have been quite young which itself is sad. I'm sure it was hard on your daughter and of course hard for a child to really understand what happened to Daddy. Of course you needed to help her understand about heaven, something we all wonder about. I kept looking for you, thinking I would see you any minute. The courses were nice - quite a few JWW & Standard Q's in Novice. Sadly, we were not part of that group. Recon knocked the bar 1st jump in JWW - he gets so revved that he's hard to calm down and then he loses focus. Std better but still a knocked bar although I think that was my fault because I called his name. We're 0 for 5 in JWW but 4 for 5 in Std so I guess you have to be happy with the successes and learn from the failures. Hope to see you and Miles soon. August? Betsy
    Betsy
    Kelleygreens The Shamrock Kid, CGC, OM, UDX2, RE, NA, NAJ, AXP, AJP, ASCA CDX, - Shamrock

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Yes! We are entered all weekend for August and I just dropped mine in for September last night. Boy, I know what you mean about revved up. Being new to agility, I am still figuring out my "combination" with Miles. In obedience and rally, I know I have to have that dog rested up and, well, bored so he's excited an animated in the ring. I tried that in agility, thinking faster is better, and wound up with similar problems as you describe with Recon. Can't control my dog because he is so fired up! It's like a hungry kid in a candy store. One time, in CPE, he knocked over the tire jump and after that, I just had to hope he'd figure out what obstacles were right because I was waaaaay behind him. Ooops! It made for great crowd entertainment.

Ann & Miles
    MACH ARCHEX "Miles" (DOB 3/10/2006) UD RAE MXS MJS OF CW-OB3 CW-ARF CW-AR CW-ZR2 CL-1 (DOB 3/10/2006)

Ann - I sometimes tell my friends Recon and I are there for comic relief. He is so fast and loves agility but control is an issue. We have to learn to work together better and I have to try to not keep up with him but rather make him focus and slow down. As with many labs, Recon is not really bothered by a downed bar - over it or thru - either way is ok with him. I'm doing Friday and Sunday in August so we'll see. Betsy
    Betsy

LOL! No point even trying to keep up with a fast dog. I am sure I will see you in August. I will probably crate on the Standard side.

Ann & Miles

Me too if I can get a spot.
    Betsy