The rest of the story

Thread: The rest of the story

debjen is offline Senior Member

DefaultThe rest of the story

Well I posted Flyer's accomplishments in the Introducing post..

The rest of the story...as well as Robbie and Cedar did 2 weeks ago were how bad they were this weekend..YIKES..Not sure what was going on with them but they were both running around running wide missing things right and left and often didn't even finish the course..Sunday was probably their best day as they were both listening a little better and at least staying with me all tho they still didn't finish their jumpers course but that was probably my fault as we were going straight through a box and the both took the first jump of the box and turned left over the finish jump instead of the straight ahead jump..so one of my friends said I didn't have my shoulders turned enough..They both finished the standard course tho it wasn't particularly pretty..

I have some videos of friday and staurday (didn't get any of them on Sunday)..they aren't uploaded yet tho.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

brody is offline Senior Member

was the weather different?
    was the location new or very familiar to them?
    were you in a different head space?

it can be so very hard to figure out what sets our dogs off

sorry they weren't right on their game - but think of all the learning you will get fro this trial
    http://andrea-agilityaddict.blogspot.com/

“I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.” H. Keller

debjen is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by brody View Post
    was the weather different?
    was the location new or very familiar to them?
    were you in a different head space?

it can be so very hard to figure out what sets our dogs off

sorry they weren't right on their game - but think of all the learning you will get fro this trial
    The weather was similar to home tho the elevation is higher .. I know I felt the difference..

Robbie had competed there before but it's been a couple of years (he did get most entertaining run last time he was there on 2 separate days)..

Not sure my head was any different but who knows. I turned 50 the first day of the trial..LOL..so my head could have been in a different place tho I didn't feel like it had..

If it had just been Robbie I would have chalked it up to being Robbie..but Cedar is usually my steady eddie but he was also all over the place..will be interesting to see if we can get things worked out before our next trial at the end of the month.