Clicker training sitcks

Thread: Clicker training sitcks

cinderbay is offline Senior Member

DefaultClicker training sitcks

Anyone use them? Success? Like? Dislike?
    I am hoping with the little man we can get him as turned on to clicker work as Lily is. She can easily target train with a clicker.
    Because there is so much bending involved with this piece of lint I am trying to train I figured it might be easier on my back.
    Kim

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Deanna1002 is offline Senior Member

i use them when i want to mark a specific action(sit, down, "show me your tummy", etc). As for things like heeling, weavepolls, backing up, etc is something i want to reward as a whole so clicking wouldn't work for me in those situations because to apple the click means "the exact position that you heard that click on, is what mommy wants". Timing is critical with these clickers, which i learned the hard way.

everyone on this board probably knows whos the "little man" but ... who is mr little man ?? a little labby pup!? =)

Quote Originally Posted by Deanna1002 View Post

everyone on this board probably knows whos the "little man" but ... who is mr little man ?? a little labby pup!? =)
    This is Trouble. The little man LOL
    I took a leap into a new breed and one I have wanted for sooo long!

He has started puppy agility and he is a HOOT. Fearless and already plays on the contacts and ran through the tunnel 3 times the other night. He has NEVER seen a tunnel before!
    Kim

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

Aw, he is sweet.

I don't use them, but I know several horse owners who use them with good results.

a papillon!!!! how did i miss this!!! He's beautiful!!!!!! i was at a trial today and kept telling my mother how this might be my non-lab dog one day!!! i love these guys (and i'm kinda falling for the chinese crested)!!! they do look very fearless and have a labby personality!! and they're wicked fast!! congrats!!!! and i love his markings!!!!!!! whats his name?

and i also noticed that my initial post on this thread was kinda off, figureing i didn't read the title correctly =)

Quote Originally Posted by Deanna1002 View Post
    a papillon!!!! how did i miss this!!! He's beautiful!!!!!! i was at a trial today and kept telling my mother how this might be my non-lab dog one day!!! i love these guys (and i'm kinda falling for the chinese crested)!!! they do look very fearless and have a labby personality!! and they're wicked fast!! congrats!!!! and i love his markings!!!!!!! whats his name?

and i also noticed that my initial post on this thread was kinda off, figureing i didn't read the title correctly =)
    The breeder I got Trouble from has Japanese Chin and she also recently acquired a powder puff crested. SHE IS SUPER SWEET!! Not a dog I would want to show because of the grooming needed but would be a FUN agility dog! I am hoping she will let me show her a little, but I don't want to do the grooming LOL
    Kim

haha Trouble....
    I just came from another trial today and saw this little itty bitty pap on a dog walk (novice level so he was still a puppers), and the wind (40 mph) blew him off from the middle of the walk.. the crowd stayed quiet... the little guy went all the way back to the beginning of the walk with a fierce attitude like he owned the walk.. kim your in for something these dogs are fearless and so labby like i love it!!! congrats!

debjen is offline Senior Member

I was at a clicker class last week and got a target stick with a clicker on it..not sure how to use if for training agility or obedience yet...It is hard going from a dog whose head I could easily touch standing up to one whose head barely hits my calf..LOL..

on another note one of the top agility handlers in this area runs papillions, border collies and afghans ... one of his papillions has like MACH 17 (of course he and his wife are agility trial secretaries so they trial most weekends) but last weekend I saw his newest pap out running..they are cute.