agility classes with wild girl

Thread: agility classes with wild girl

Canula2000 is offline Senior Member

Defaultagility classes with wild girl

Well I am getting out of my winter funk, I haven't done any training with the dogs all winter....tonight I am signing up for agility. Now I have tried agility with Gordy but he just had no go, so my little boston terrier is going to learn the ropes...or should I say weaves. lol. She is a little ADHD, so wish us luck that wiggle butt enjoys her classes.

"Every boy should have two things: a dog, and a mother willing to let him have one"
    - Anonymous

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

I have an ADHD dog as well, Remington. Makes it a bit of a challenge, but we continue to work on it

debjen is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by 3TailsWaggin View Post
    I have an ADHD dog as well, Remington. Makes it a bit of a challenge, but we continue to work on it
    Ditto..LOL..I always have said if Robbie was my first agility dog instead fo the second I might not still be in agility..LOL

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

I always have said if Robbie was my first agility dog instead fo the second I might not still be in agility
    Ain't that the truth, LOL!
    Magnum did everything I asked of her.
    Ruger was super smart and worked really hard for me.
    Remington is... special He has totally humbled me. Any ribbons we earn... we really EARN them.

Canula2000 is offline Senior Member

well....I guess I need to find a new training place. Pixie was attacked tonight by another dog in class and just a year ago my other little dog (r.i.p) sunshine was nearly attacked. I am tired of my dogs being freaked out because of all the stupid owners that can't or won't control their dog. ugh.

"Every boy should have two things: a dog, and a mother willing to let him have one"
    - Anonymous

brody is offline Senior Member

as a person with little dogs I am very watchful and assertive
    I won't run my dogs unless every other dog is under control if I know someone in the room is lacadasical - I will actually hold up class waiting for dogs to be leashed
    people think I'm nuts but I've seen how very very fast bad injuries happen ...
    http://andrea-agilityaddict.blogspot.com/

“I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.” H. Keller

I am so sorry your dog was attacked.

I've just changed my lesson policy. I used to allow free play time in the field, but am finding that it is hurting many of our dogs in the ring because they realize that they can run and play on the equipment at home at will. Also, I am going to be running Remington in class now and when he's in his field, he can be a bit territorial and has had some aggressive tendancies (oddly, only with his brother/litter mate) but I don't want any chances that it will escalate, so my policy has changed that all dogs will be on leash or crated at all times in the field unless it's their turn to work.

some of the folks have gotten upset about this new rule because they looked forward to wearing their dogs out with the playtime, but I'm not running a dog park... and I do want Remington to join in some of the classes, I think it will help him tremendously.

Kudos for looking for a new place.