Remington....

Thread: Remington....

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

DefaultRemington....

My lovely boy... I compiled some video to show him actually succeeding at agility. We've had a horrible season with no Q's and many many tunnel issues. We will continue working hard this summer and try him again in the fall (there aren't agility trials in my area in the summer, too hot outside).

So I present for you... Bits & Bobs of Remington...

YouTube - Remington Bits + Bobs

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

debjen is offline Senior Member

what a nice boy...got to love those boys that make us work for it

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

AWWWWWW! Linda that was so fun to watch!!!! He even did a couple tunnels in there!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

2yellowlabs is offline Senior Member

Linda - Fun to watch!!! His start line stay is GREAT and quick response on the table. Those tunnels are his challenge for sure. Remington sure looks like he's having fun and isn't that really the point?
    Betsy
    Kelleygreens Couer D'Or, CGC,CD, RAE2 - Doro - Nov. 21, 1995 to Jan. 14, 2010
    Kelleygreens The Shamrock Kid, CGC, OM, UDX2, RE, NA, NAJ, AXP, AJP, ASCA CDX, - Shamrock
    Kelleygreens The Few, The Proud, CGC, CDX, GN, NA - Recon

Canula2000 is offline Senior Member

I can't tell but in the first part are you clicker training? And does he learn faster that way?

"Every boy should have two things: a dog, and a mother willing to let him have one"
    - Anonymous

We've been working very hard on our start line stay... and I've learned to trust him, which is a big thing for me

Yes, he does have fun... but I'm not having much fun because I'd really like to run a course, and he eats up all our time messing about in the tunnel.

Yes, I clicker train him. Yes, he does learn faster that way, and it really motivates him. I tried the 2x2 weave method that everyone was so gung-ho on. He did learn to get his entry with that method, but I got no speed at all. So I tossed the 2 x 2 method and began clicking him through the weaves, and then clicking him at the beginning and end of the weaves. It's really helped him focus.

I've used the clicker for tunnel exits as well, and it works well... at home. Unfortunately I cannot take the clicker in the ring at a trial. I do use it outside of the ring just before we go in to get some attention from him... helps a little bit

Canula2000 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by 3TailsWaggin View Post
    Yes, I clicker train him. Yes, he does learn faster that way, and it really motivates him. I tried the 2x2 weave method that everyone was so gung-ho on. He did learn to get his entry with that method, but I got no speed at all. So I tossed the 2 x 2 method and began clicking him through the weaves, and then clicking him at the beginning and end of the weaves. It's really helped him focus.

I've used the clicker for tunnel exits as well, and it works well... at home. Unfortunately I cannot take the clicker in the ring at a trial. I do use it outside of the ring just before we go in to get some attention from him... helps a little bit
    hmmm....interesting. I have been wanting to try clicker for a long time. The noise made my little cavalier nervous so I didn't follow through, but perhaps Pixie will benefit.

"Every boy should have two things: a dog, and a mother willing to let him have one"
    - Anonymous

If the noise bothers your dog, start clicker training by using a ball point pen... click the pen, instead of a clicker. A pen makes a much quieter click and many dogs that are fearful of the louder clickers tolerate a pen well, and then you can move up to a clicker once your dog is acclimated to the noise a pen makes. Just a little training hint for you to try