Please Watch This! Remy Tunnel YES....

Thread: Please Watch This! Remy Tunnel YES....

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

DefaultPlease Watch This! Remy Tunnel YES....

I just wanted to post this to show you that Remington is not stupid, and I am not a horrible trainer either

I also want to apologize if I inadvertently made anyone who replied to my Remington threads feel like I was pissy with them, I do NOT mean to come off that way, but sometimes when I read my posts it looks that way. Internet communication does have flaws you know.

I am very appreciative of everyone's input on this and it has given me a lot of food for thought. Thank you.

So here is some tidbits from our training practice this morning. I was focusing on jackpotting the jumps, not the tunnel, and also working at setting him up at the jumps to land facing and heading into the tunnel so I could work at pulling him away from the tunnel.

I think we had a good session. I would appreciate any feedback you can share. Thank you again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BB5Vy_mtMmg

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

patm is offline Senior Member

Awwwww - that was fun to watch. I don't know nuttin about agility, so can't help you at all , but it was nice to see you guys working together.

Thanks Pat. I know I must come across as some kind of ogre, and I really am not

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

agilitymom is offline Senior Member

Linda,

You arn't an ogre. It's so frustrating when you have a problem only at trials and do not know how to fix it. I have a couple of suggestions. I would use a target word when he does something right. I use "yes". I use this in training and it transfers to trials well. It allows me to give feedback on the course when I can't have the cookie. I would try a more dramatic deceleration cue with him if you are trying to avoid the tunnel. Running like crazy and then a lean backwards to show decel and aid in his collection before an obstacle. I think jackpotting the jumps and not the tunnel is the way to go. The tunnel is already rewarding enough for him You done good!

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

I am not sure. is this the dog that has a tunnel problem in trials? If it is, I don't think the video conveys the problem. I think he is doing just great and having fun with you.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

My target word is YES. I use it like a clicker. You just aren't hearing me say it, but I do use it a lot for the behaviour I want, and then I treat. I can't "run like crazy" anymore .... getting old sucks.

Yes, this is my tunnel dog I wanted to post this video to show that he DOES do the tunnel and very well