Panda's Pawsome Agility Weekend

Thread: Panda's Pawsome Agility Weekend

agilitymom is offline Senior Member

DefaultPanda's Pawsome Agility Weekend

Panda is really coming along. I am so proud of her. This is only her 2nd trial in open. I held her back in AKC until I felt she was over the worst of her fears. Last trial she competed one day and Q'd in Standard. This weekend she double Q'd both days and earned her Open standard title. The first day she had a refusal at a jump in jumpers and a wrong course, due to me remembering the excellent course from Maddie. She earned a first and second place. Second day two clean runs and two firsts. In fact, she was one of five dogs who Q'd in all of the Open Jumpers. Right before we entered the ring she became startled over noise from the snapping of the tents due to wind and being run into by another competitor. We also had a man judge. One of these things would usually be the kiss of death and she would be so fearful she could not compete. She kept it together and did a great job! She might be an agility dog yet

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

debjen is offline Senior Member

congrats..sounds like Panda is doing great

Milesmom is offline Senior Member

Congratulations! Panda is a cutie! Someone was asking about YPS. You have Panda's posted on your videos, that should give poeple an idea.

Ann & Miles
    MACH ARCHEX "Miles" (DOB 3/10/2006) UD RAE MXS MJS OF CW-OB3 CW-ARF CW-AR CW-ZR2 CL-1 (DOB 3/10/2006)
    "Hartley" (DOB 7/21/2012) RN CGC CW-OB1

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

Oh, I love Panda. How did I miss this video. Good to see her back on the course. She looks great!

What did the judge fault you on the teeter for? Looks like she was in the contact to me. Was it a fly-off?

agilitymom is offline Senior Member

No fault on the teeter I got an off course I took an extra jump after the weaves. It was part of the excellent course I ran with Maddie earlier in the day. I told Panda when I did that "sorry, I was still running the excellent course". When we got to the table the judge told me "you get a wrong course in open, go for it". He was such an awesome judge. You can see Panda's head swivel to him as he was talking to me. That would have freaked her out and made her run from the ring about six months ago. She really has come a long way in working through her fears. She had a perfect weekend, two double Q's. Now we are off to Excellent Standard and one more leg until Excellent Jumpers. She has done very few AKC trials. She has only run 6 open courses and Q'd in 5 of them. Before anyone says "she's an aussie", I will tell you that we have worked very, very hard to overcome many obstacles with this girl. She was returned to the breeder because she was deemed a failure at stock, obedience, and conformation. She was treated harshly and comes with alot of baggage. I have to work so much harder with her than Maddie. She has trained me as much as I have trained her

brody is offline Senior Member

great work
    always good to have dogs who make us work
    http://andrea-agilityaddict.blogspot.com/

“I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.” H. Keller