Agility - yards per second?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Agility - yards per second?

ZRL
    ZRL is offline Senior Member

DefaultAgility - yards per second?

Just wondering what sort of speeds people are getting on standard and jumpers courses? If you have yps for a non-labrador, just note the breed please.

I'm not pushing Zeke for any speed yet (you can tell in his videos...he's not really pushing) - I just want him to stay on course, but I would like to know what is sort of realistic to expect.
    Zeke RN, agility miscreant and CGC failure

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

I think we had a thread for this before because I was wondering too.

I don't have any of my dog's results handy, so I can tell you. I know that typically Ruger is about 3 seconds over our SCT's, that's why I'm really not running him anymore, he's getting older, the courses are longer and he's slower. Remington is usually well under course time providing he comes out of the tunnels and keeps focused

I'll check some of my results tomorrow and post the times for you.

Okay, I found some results in an email from last weekend.

In the JWW run, Remington ran the course at 2.01 yards per second.
    In the Standard run, Remington ran the course at 1.41 yards per second.
    He is a labrador
    Yes, he does get more pumped up and runs faster in Standard. Jumpers really bores him.
    He had very bad sniffies in JWW (I had to go get him away from the good smells)
    He had four off courses in the Standard run.
    Obviously we did not make the SCT in either of these classes, but I just divided his time into the course yardage to get his yards per second

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Milesmom is offline Senior Member

Miles is usually around 4 YPS. I will have to go get my results to see. He is usually a floating around there.

Ann & Miles
    MACH ARCHEX "Miles" (DOB 3/10/2006) UD RAE MXS MJS OF CW-OB3 CW-ARF CW-AR CW-ZR2 CL-1 (DOB 3/10/2006)
    "Hartley" (DOB 7/21/2012) RN CGC CW-OB1

ZRL
    ZRL is offline Senior Member

That helps....hopefully more people will respond too.

I think Zeke's Qing run was approximately 4yps, but it was a really flow-y NADAC style course (ASCA and NADAC - peas in a pod)....AKC might have been slower (turns and such).
    Zeke RN, agility miscreant and CGC failure

brody is offline Senior Member

I have no clue how to figure it out

Brody is slow
    Sally is fast
    http://andrea-agilityaddict.blogspot.com/

“I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.” H. Keller

Take the yardage for your run, and divide your dog's time into it.

So if the course was measured to be 133 yards, and your dog ran it in 59.73 seconds... 59.73 divided by 133 = 2.22 seconds. At least I think thats how you do it??

So actually if Remington ran a bunch of off courses, he did a course much longer than what was posted for yardage, so technically he's not as slow as I posted

debjen is offline Senior Member

okay the Cavs NQ runs were between 2.4 and 2.9..the one Q in a a jumpers run was 3.3 yps and probably required multiple weave attempts.

2yellowlabs is offline Senior Member

OK - Recon's Std Novice run on Sunday was about 2.45 YPS with 2 refusals and a wrong course. The BC that won was about 3.38 YPS. The course was sort of up and down twice. I will start to watch for Shamrock because he is slower. When we are really moving we just make Excellent standard course time so the extra 5 secs for Preferred is a big help.
    Betsy
    Kelleygreens Couer D'Or, CGC,CD, RAE2 - Doro - Nov. 21, 1995 to Jan. 14, 2010
    Kelleygreens The Shamrock Kid, CGC, OM, UDX2, RE, NA, NAJ, AXP, AJP, ASCA CDX, - Shamrock
    Kelleygreens The Few, The Proud, CGC, CDX, GN, NA - Recon

Amber The Duck Dawg is offline Senior Member

Ambers fastest EX A jumpers was 6.15 YPS and fastest Standard Ex B run was 4.78 YPS. Typically she is about 5.7-5.8 in Jumpers and 4.5 yps in standard. I make her hold her contacts and make her wait even after the judge says go on the table (she learned what "go" means and used to self release). She has been known to bark/scream the entire course. She has also been known to break weave poles and tires and chutes, or to slide off the far side of the table etc.
    She is a 5 year old Lab as of yesterday.
    Light, "weedy" individuals are definitely incorrect; equally objectionable are cloddy lumbering specimens. Labrador Retrievers shall be shown in working condition well-muscled and without excess fat. Females should weigh between 55 and 70lbs and Males between 65 and 80lbs. Height females 21.5 to 23.5 inches males 22.5 to 24.5 inches at the withers.

Kelly
    HR Greenwoods Sealion Tsunami SH "Wave" born 3-9-2010
    Greenwoods Amber Wave VCD2 RA SH AX OF WCX CGC "Amber" born 4-13-2005
    Chino Ca

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast