Weekend agility report

Thread: Weekend agility report

debjen is offline Senior Member

DefaultWeekend agility report

Well the weekend was a mixed bag ..

The good..

Cedar got 2 Open FAST legs with a 1st and a 3rd to finish his Open FAST title..

Robbie got 1 Open Jumpers Leg with a 1st place..

The not so good..
    We had a couple more decent runs but not good enough to Q and we had some rotten runs ... Robbie once again couldn't even see the weaves much less know what they were again..Weaves what are weaves..argggghhh ..We didn't even stay for our last run as Robbie hardly did anything in his first run once we hit the weaves he was every where but where he was suppose to be..so cuz my foot was killing me and it would be at least 2 1/2 hours before we ran again I decided to head home early

I think we got most of them on video so I'll have some to show when I can get them downloaded.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Milesmom is offline Senior Member

Congratulations on the 2 firsts, then third and the new title!

Ann & Miles
    MACH ARCHEX "Miles" (DOB 3/10/2006) UD RAE MXS MJS OF CW-OB3 CW-ARF CW-AR CW-ZR2 CL-1 (DOB 3/10/2006)
    "Hartley" (DOB 7/21/2012) RN CGC CW-OB1

agilitymom is offline Senior Member

Didn't you just do a retrain on weave with Robbie using the 2x2 method? Maddie and Panda both were retrained last summer and the first couple of trials were a mixed bag for the weaves as well. My trainer told me that with a retrain it takes a full year to see weave consistency in the ring. Don't feel discouraged. It sounds like you had some great runs!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by agilitymom View Post
    Didn't you just do a retrain on weave with Robbie using the 2x2 method? Maddie and Panda both were retrained last summer and the first couple of trials were a mixed bag for the weaves as well. My trainer told me that with a retrain it takes a full year to see weave consistency in the ring. Don't feel discouraged. It sounds like you had some great runs!
    Yes we retrained last year..this was our first trial since November and he had been doing so well in class even sucking to the weaves a couple of times so I was really hoping it would transfer but we will keep trying.

agilitymom is offline Senior Member

Trials are so different than practice. It is easy for them to go back to their old ways when stressed or excited. I have been there. Maddie will even sometimes miss a entry like before if I am stressed about the course. For her it is just the way she was used to operating. Don't give up. It worked!!! It's hard when you've been so patient with the retrain and want results in the trial. I have video of Maddie's first trial after the retrain and I believe after day two I cried I was so disappointed. Part of it was me and part of it was her stress. Now if one of my dogs misses a weave I go home and train the particulars of the missed weave. It gets better each time... hang in there!

Hugs,
    Lisa

thanks for the encouragement. We will keep trying. As much as the bad boy frustrates me sometimes I've got to love the bad boy Rotten Robbie..LOL..and Cedar was truely doing better with his weaves although we still need to continue to work there too..

I am so excited that Flyer is already doing weaves well and has never had an issue like the 2 cavs so I'm really hoping he will be my first dog that really can weave when he starts to trial..of course he'll probably end up with other issues..LOL

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

Congrats on the 1sts, Q's and title too. I think that's a pretty good weekend.

Bummer about the weaves, but don't get discouraged. I agree with the others, you just retrained them, it will be awhile until they are perfected at a trial.

Bummer about your foot, sorry you had to pull out early.

Isn't it funny (or not) how we get one thing fixed and something else falls apart. That's they way it always seems to go too.

Hang in there. I think you do an awesome job with your crew!

Deanna1002 is offline Senior Member

congrats for the legs and title!!!!!!

I agree with the others... that if its not one thing its the other. Sounds like there was way more success then no-success at this trial!!!! Two 1st and a 3rd is a big deal!!!!! So cheers to the team!!!

2yellowlabs is offline Senior Member

I agree - celebrate the successes and work on what needs more attention. Your analysis seems spot on which I think is half the battle.
    Betsy
    Kelleygreens Couer D'Or, CGC,CD, RAE2 - Doro - Nov. 21, 1995 to Jan. 14, 2010
    Kelleygreens The Shamrock Kid, CGC, OM, UDX2, RE, NA, NAJ, AXP, AJP, ASCA CDX, - Shamrock
    Kelleygreens The Few, The Proud, CGC, CDX, GN, NA - Recon