Congrats Ruger!! & Remington Brags!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Congrats Ruger!! & Remington Brags!!

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

DefaultCongrats Ruger!! & Remington Brags!!

Ruger completed his CTL2-S title today at the CPE trial. Even though he is "retired" now he had a good time at the show, taking a 1st and Q in Snooker to earn his title, and then also getting a 1st and Q in Standard Level 3. That's my boy!!

Remington had a very nice day at CPE as well. Started off very VERY stressed, bolted into the tunnel in his jumpers class, I got him out, he bolted into another tunnel, I got him out, and we completed the 2nd half of the course beautifully. No Time, no ribbon.

In Snooker Remington had more tunnel problems, but he came out of them even faster. No Time. No Ribbon.

In Standard, Remington did a really decent job. I actually pulled him off a tunnel he was zoned into, and we did complete the course. No Q... but he did get a 1st place!!

Then in Jackpot he ROCKED. I didn't even plan a course to run because I figured we'd just be out there to practice. By God he looked like a real agility dog. He ran beautifully. We needed 12 points in the opening... he got 30! And he did the gamble for a 1st place and Q. Even the judge was excited.

Magnum got to go shopping at the vendor tent and she bought a bag of Puppy Crack (all the dogs LOVE it) and she also got a toy sheep that make weird noise. She was a sweet girl all day long.

All in all a very nice trial.
    Last edited by 3TailsWaggin; 03-21-2010 at 07:32 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

debjen is offline Senior Member

congrats..good boys..sounds like a nice day

lcspt is offline Senior Member

Congratulations!!!
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ZRL
    ZRL is offline Senior Member

Congrats! Remington is improving bit by bit

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

Wonderful! Congrats!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

brody is offline Senior Member

YAY CPE
    http://andrea-agilityaddict.blogspot.com/

“I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.” H. Keller

Milesmom is offline Senior Member

Oh Congratulations! That is great!

Ann & Miles
    MACH ARCHEX "Miles" (DOB 3/10/2006) UD RAE MXS MJS OF CW-OB3 CW-ARF CW-AR CW-ZR2 CL-1 (DOB 3/10/2006)
    "Hartley" (DOB 7/21/2012) RN CGC CW-OB1

YellowJakesMom is offline Senior Member

Great news!

Only after the last tree has been cut down, only after the last river has been poisoned, only after the last fish has been caught, only then will you find that money cannot be eaten. - Cree prophecy

2yellowlabs is offline Senior Member

Linda - Sounds like a good time was had by all. I've never heard of Puppy Crack - must be something really yummy. I'm going to try CPE too. Everyone always seems to have a great time. I love that you can get ribbons even if you don't Q!! I can jump Shamrock at 12 or 16 inches and give Recon some ring time so should be fun for all. Remington gets better as the day goes on - very cool!!! B
    Betsy
    Kelleygreens Couer D'Or, CGC,CD, RAE2 - Doro - Nov. 21, 1995 to Jan. 14, 2010
    Kelleygreens The Shamrock Kid, CGC, OM, UDX2, RE, NA, NAJ, AXP, AJP, ASCA CDX, - Shamrock
    Kelleygreens The Few, The Proud, CGC, CDX, GN, NA - Recon

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

Betsy, I think you will like CPE. The entry level courses are very easy, no weaves or teeter and really nice flow to them. They do use a lot of tunnels (which is very difficult for me!!) but it's a great venue to train/expose your dog to the sport.

The higher levels get harder and are on par with the other organizations. The Standard run Ruger did at Level 3 was equal to the Advanced/Open courses. The Level 4,5,C are equal to Excellent levels.

One word of advice for CPE... train your dog to run/send to a table. They use the table a LOT to stop the clock in all the game classes. I've worked specifically to send my dog out to the table. All they have to do is jump on it to stop time. They never use it for sit/down/control as they do in AKC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast