Yippee!! Shamrock earns AXP!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yippee!! Shamrock earns AXP!!!

2yellowlabs is offline Senior Member

WinkYippee!! Shamrock earns AXP!!!

I am so thrilled to report that Shamrock finished his Standard Excellent A Preferred Title on Friday. I was beginning to think it might not happen. Shamrock will be ten in June and I have promised to stop competing in AKC Agility trials when he reaches that milestone birthday. He is in great health and I want to keep him that way for many years to come and not risk an injury. We were close in JWW too but handler error - I pulled him off a jump so a refusal. We have been having so much trouble with weaves lately - our last four trials Shamrock just would not weave and I was worried he might be injured in some way. In practice sessions he was fine with the weaves so I was keeping my fingers crossed that he would be OK in this trial. Friday his weaves were fantastic - just the way I know I he can do them. In the Standard course weaves were 2nd last, after a chute and then a 90 degree turn. I said "Shamrock go weave" and he did!! Then a double jump and we were done. It was not an easy course and I was not really expecting that we would do it as well as we did. Entrance was the tire and then the dog walk with a tunnel entrance/exit exactly next to the dog walk. Tunnels usually suck Shamrock in but Friday he was to the dog walk without even a look at the tunnel. Good start!! I tried to take it one thing at a time and then hurray -we were done and Q'd. My goal this year was to have fun and try for those last excellent legs that we needed and now only one JWW leg to go!!!
    Betsy
    Kelleygreens Couer D'Or, CGC,CD, RAE2 - Doro - Nov. 21, 1995 to Jan. 14, 2010
    Kelleygreens The Shamrock Kid, CGC, OM, UDX2, RE, NA, NAJ, AXP, AJP, ASCA CDX, - Shamrock
    Kelleygreens The Few, The Proud, CGC, CDX, GN, NA - Recon

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

debjen is offline Senior Member

Congrats..way to go

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

Congrats Betsy!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Deanna1002 is offline Senior Member

that is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! congrats!!! 10 years young! God Bless!!!

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

Awesome job. Congratulations. I'm glad he's able to still run and make the course times.

Ruger just can't do it in AKC anymore, courses are longer and times are shorter and he is slower

lcspt is offline Senior Member

Congratulations!!!
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

Milesmom is offline Senior Member

Congratulations Betsy! That is fantastic!

Ann & Miles
    MACH ARCHEX "Miles" (DOB 3/10/2006) UD RAE MXS MJS OF CW-OB3 CW-ARF CW-AR CW-ZR2 CL-1 (DOB 3/10/2006)
    "Hartley" (DOB 7/21/2012) RN CGC CW-OB1

YellowJakesMom is offline Senior Member

Congratulations to you both!!

Only after the last tree has been cut down, only after the last river has been poisoned, only after the last fish has been caught, only then will you find that money cannot be eaten. - Cree prophecy

2yellowlabs is offline Senior Member

Thanks everyone. I have been reliving our run all weekend long. Linda - you are so right about the course times. I'm in Preferred so we get an extra 5 seconds but when we are really on, we usually just make "regular" Standard course time. If we have one mistake in JWW we are out of luck that's for sure. I use running contacts with Shamrock because it might give us an extra second or two and his contacts are solid. The course we Q'd on Friday was a 65 second course so 70 for Preferred and our time was 64.44 so we just made "regular" time but we had the extra 5 seconds that we didn't need this time. I'm not very fast so that doesn't help either. Recon, my young dog, is very fast so we'll see what happens when we start competing. Shamrock is a gem to show because he really knows what to do and as long as his weaves are good, we have a chance to Q provided that his handler is paying attention. LOL!!! B
    Betsy
    Kelleygreens Couer D'Or, CGC,CD, RAE2 - Doro - Nov. 21, 1995 to Jan. 14, 2010
    Kelleygreens The Shamrock Kid, CGC, OM, UDX2, RE, NA, NAJ, AXP, AJP, ASCA CDX, - Shamrock
    Kelleygreens The Few, The Proud, CGC, CDX, GN, NA - Recon

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

Betsy, your entire post is Ruger, exactly! We cannot make an error or we don't make time. And usually he's just too slow anyway. I do run him in preferred. But for now he's retired from AKC agility. I'll probably still do some CPE with him because it's less stressful and he enjoys it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast