Just Labradors banner

Ruger gets RAE Leg #9

1K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  3TailsWaggin 
#1 ·
Went to Hilton Head today and showed the Ru man in Rally. We got RAE leg #9. One more to go and he's retired from obedience. He can't wait.

The Stop & Down sign got me. I stopped him and downed him. Doh! It's a moving down. Go figure. What a stupid sign!!!

Anyway we got an 88 and an 86. I sucked. Ruger was a good boy. (Actually we got bit by the moving down in both classes... Ruger doesn't do moving downs, he has to sit first and always has... oh well.)

One more to go!!

#10 ·
Good job guys! One more to go :) The "stop and down" was one that they changed (in name only), but I think that it made it more confusing - seems like you should "stop" and then "down", but noooooooo - it's also confusing to a dog that has been taught to "sit" whenever you are heeling and stop. I always make sure that I tell Emilu to "drop" right as I start to stop.

#11 ·
teaching a drop for a down is a good idea Pat!

Remington literally throws himself on the ground when I tell him down as we are heeling, he's so funny. Ruger has always cautiously gone down, usually he has to sit first, I think it's because of his hips so I don't get mad at him.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.