Creating AKC Entry Forms Online
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Creating AKC Entry Forms Online

Amber The Duck Dawg is offline Senior Member

PostCreating AKC Entry Forms Online

here is how you can create a computer generated entry form for AKC events. It has quite a few steps but is very quick once you have done it a few times. You also get the latest AKC forms. This works for confirmation, obedience, rally, agility, hunt tests, field trials, and other events. In order to use this AKC feature you must have an AKC account. Do not worry the account is free! and very easy to set up and alllows you to check your dogs records or check part of the records of your friends or other dogs you are interested in.

(1) Open American Kennel Club - akc.org
    (2) click on "Events and Awards Search" (bottom of left sidebar)
    (3) bring up event info using search function
    (4) click on the name of the event you wish to enter
    (5) highlight and copy the event info using your computers cut and paste function. Event name and event number, adresss, date etc.
    (6) go back to AKC.org home page and click on "My AKC" (upper right )
    (7) click on "Manage Dogs" (top middle, below top bar)
    (8) from the last (right) drop down menu select "Create Entry Form" and check the box next to the name(s) of the dogs you wish to create entry forms for. Click "GO"
    (9) In the pop up window (takes a few seconds) Check the entry form you wish to create (obedience, agility etc.) then hit "Submit"
    (10) When form appears it should have your dogs name and all info (Sire, Dam, AKC number, DOB, breeder, ETC..) in the very top box you can now "paste" the info you coppied from the event info page. Make sure you have date of event in upper box.
    (11) in the very small box below the top box it says "I enclose $...in fees" simply type in the correct amount.Also type in dogs height and call name as needed (agility, rally, obedience etc..)
    (12) print form
    (13) sign and date form (bottom of page 1)
    (14) mail form and Check!

Print this out and you can use it as a refereance the first few or more times
    I find this saves time and is great if you have multiple dogs. (you can check more than one dogs name and it will generate multiple entry forms. you can also print of a spare copy for your records.

I printed up a few practice forms just for fun when I first did this.

Hope this helps
    Last edited by Amber The Duck Dawg; 03-11-2010 at 04:18 PM.
    Light, "weedy" individuals are definitely incorrect; equally objectionable are cloddy lumbering specimens. Labrador Retrievers shall be shown in working condition well-muscled and without excess fat. Females should weigh between 55 and 70lbs and Males between 65 and 80lbs. Height females 21.5 to 23.5 inches males 22.5 to 24.5 inches at the withers.

Kelly
    HR Greenwoods Sealion Tsunami SH "Wave" born 3-9-2010
    Greenwoods Amber Wave VCD2 RA SH AX OF WCX CGC "Amber" born 4-13-2005
    Chino Ca

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

Hm, why do all of this when you can simply enter online??

debjen is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by 3TailsWaggin View Post
    Hm, why do all of this when you can simply enter online??
    alot of trials out here don't do online entries any more..I know our club doesn't.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Milesmom is offline Senior Member

This is good information to know. I usually just email the trial secretary and ask them to send me a premium if I can't find on the hosting club's website.

Ann & Miles
    MACH ARCHEX "Miles" (DOB 3/10/2006) UD RAE MXS MJS OF CW-OB3 CW-ARF CW-AR CW-ZR2 CL-1 (DOB 3/10/2006)
    "Hartley" (DOB 7/21/2012) RN CGC CW-OB1

I am a cheapskate and I can save enough money to get a free entry every 3 months or so by doing mail in entries. I also have bad hand writting so filling out a Premium entry form by hand is a bad idea. This only takes me about 90 seconds and I know all the info from AKC is correct and the form is the latest correct form.
    Light, "weedy" individuals are definitely incorrect; equally objectionable are cloddy lumbering specimens. Labrador Retrievers shall be shown in working condition well-muscled and without excess fat. Females should weigh between 55 and 70lbs and Males between 65 and 80lbs. Height females 21.5 to 23.5 inches males 22.5 to 24.5 inches at the withers.

Kelly
    Chino Ca

Belles mom is offline Senior Member

Thanks for the info! I prefer to mail in entries, unless I get too close to the deadline and have to do it onlline. It is more expensive that way though. I do hate filling out all that information several times.

Karen and the gang
    BBI Kodi's Journey To Anotch (Journey)
    BBI Kodi's Blackpowder Striker (Flint)

I also have a friend that isn't comfortable with the cut and paste features on her computer so she just prints out a bunch of entry forms with just her dogs info on it and then hand writes the event name, event # and date onto the form. She won't enter online because she doesn't want her credit card number "out there".

Kelly
    Chino Ca

Milesmom is offline Senior Member

This is good info. I wonder if we can put a sticky on this so it doesn't fade to oblivion.

Ann & Miles
    MACH ARCHEX "Miles" (DOB 3/10/2006) UD RAE MXS MJS OF CW-OB3 CW-ARF CW-AR CW-ZR2 CL-1 (DOB 3/10/2006)
    "Hartley" (DOB 7/21/2012) RN CGC CW-OB1

Deanna1002 is offline Senior Member

yes very good info. This is great. Do you have to send in the premium as well ?? someone in my class said its a must, and my agility instructor said they stop asking for that a while ago......

Deanna1002 is offline Senior Member

Wow, i just did one and this is awesome!!!!!
    Question: I am going to go to the Staten Island one on May 7,8,9, i put the date on top. They are only doing excellent on friday so i'm obviously going to run only saturday and sunday. No where on the form does it ask for the dates i'd be running. So i'm guessing i just send the amount and they'll figure it out ?????? or do i state that somewhere on the form ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast