Some agility videos...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some agility videos...

nicole is offline Senior Member

DefaultSome agility videos...

I wanted to share a couple videos of Bono's runs from last weekend. It was his second weekend out and I think he's coming along nicely

Saturday Nov Standard: Tire issue and early celebration by crowd=pulled last bar www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AGWj_1jL_M

Saturday Nov JWW: Didn't trust he'd take the rear cross and didn't make it in time for front cross, but worked...1st place www.youtube.com/watch?v=anG_jCy5vW4

Sunday Nov Standard: Tire issue again (jumped between tire and brace). Should've redone it, but didn't want to get whistled off for training in the ring. Found out I wouldn't have... oh well, lol www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-o8UXBG5uY

Sunday Nov JWW: Pretty good! 1st place, New Title! www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcRusY-0_bc

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Deanna1002 is offline Senior Member

Congrats!! what a great job!!! Good looking pup!
    How old is he ? and is he jumping 24" ???? he cleared them with ease!
    You guys are off to a great start!

agilitymom is offline Senior Member

Nicole,

Your last jumper's run was perfect. I really love the way you supported each jump! He ran smoothly! Great run. His weaves, are beautiful. He is very confident. I think your team is progressing beautifully. You had a nice front cross also He definately loves and is motivated by agility!

I looked at the video several times of the tire. He was doing his job. It looks like he dropped his legs going through and split the tire. He is a big boy and that hole of the tire is relatively small compared to him. I think this may be something he just needs to get used to regarding body placement. If you think he crashed the tire because he was too excited then that is another story. Both of my girls had some sort of tire problems when they were first learning.

You must be so proud. You guys did great Congradulations on your new JWW title

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

debjen is offline Senior Member

Nicew runs..you both look very smooth out there

Quote Originally Posted by Deanna1002 View Post
    Congrats!! what a great job!!! Good looking pup!
    How old is he ? and is he jumping 24" ???? he cleared them with ease!
    You guys are off to a great start!
    Thanks! Now that he's finished in the breed ring, he gets to play the "fun stuff"...he's quite happy with the change! Bono just turned 3 and is jumping 20".

Quote Originally Posted by agilitymom View Post
    I looked at the video several times of the tire. He was doing his job. It looks like he dropped his legs going through and split the tire. He is a big boy and that hole of the tire is relatively small compared to him. I think this may be something he just needs to get used to regarding body placement. If you think he crashed the tire because he was too excited then that is another story. Both of my girls had some sort of tire problems when they were first learning.
    He completely crashed the tire (summersaulted through, landed on his back/neck, broke the jump frame) at his first trial and although he seems confident in practice, he's obviously a bit stressy about it at trials still. We'll go back and build a demand for it big time. You are correct in that he's pretty big and it's not too big of a hole. This run really surprised me though as he didn't go through the tire at all! He jumped between it at the metal frame, which is an even smaller opening. Silly boy

YellowJakesMom is offline Senior Member

Congrats! You guys look great

Only after the last tree has been cut down, only after the last river has been poisoned, only after the last fish has been caught, only then will you find that money cannot be eaten. - Cree prophecy

Milesmom is offline Senior Member

Great videos! Nice job! He looks like he could be one of Miles' brothers. So handsome. Miles had some tire issues when he was just learning. We just worked through it and they disappeared. Now we have to work out some teeter fear....

Ann & Miles
    MACH ARCHEX "Miles" (DOB 3/10/2006) UD RAE MXS MJS OF CW-OB3 CW-ARF CW-AR CW-ZR2 CL-1 (DOB 3/10/2006)
    "Hartley" (DOB 7/21/2012) RN CGC CW-OB1

Amber The Duck Dawg is offline Senior Member

I think you guys are great! those are some of the best novice runs I have seen in a while. I loved the fact he found his weave entrance in the one run where you were out of position and he had to work around you. Good Boy! The dropped last bar you can see you start to pull up and even start to clap (hand movement) that I think may have been more of a cause than crowd reaction. I was always told to pretend there was one more jump somewhere after the finish and to plan how a turn to get to it. He seemed just a little hesitant/careful on the dog walk on one of the videos which isn't a bad thing at this stage. You have done a good job! I could see this dog getting a MACH.
    Light, "weedy" individuals are definitely incorrect; equally objectionable are cloddy lumbering specimens. Labrador Retrievers shall be shown in working condition well-muscled and without excess fat. Females should weigh between 55 and 70lbs and Males between 65 and 80lbs. Height females 21.5 to 23.5 inches males 22.5 to 24.5 inches at the withers.

Kelly
    HR Greenwoods Sealion Tsunami SH "Wave" born 3-9-2010
    Greenwoods Amber Wave VCD2 RA SH AX OF WCX CGC "Amber" born 4-13-2005
    Chino Ca

Deanna1002 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Amber The Duck Dawg View Post
    I could see this dog getting a MACH.
    I second that!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast