Another Trial, another tunnel ;)

Thread: Another Trial, another tunnel ;)

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

DefaultAnother Trial, another tunnel ;)

Ran Remington yesterday at a USDAA trial with no expectations from him at all. It was a jumpers course. He had a beautiful opening, was jumping clean and fast.. lasted for three jumps, then he went off course to visit, I called him back, he did two more jumps, went off course to sniff the ground, called him back did two more of the sequence jumps, he spied the tunnel and in he went. Judge was laughing so hard and I told her, "um, it's really not funny anymore and everyone laughs and he thinks it's a big game." Anyway, he came out of the tunnel with sand and grass bits stuck all over his coat, I mean he looked like a different colored dog, which made the crowd laugh harder. I pulled him back to me and we finished by going over the timer jump.

We go back and to it again this afternoon.

What a goober boy I have. But honestly, I do love him

Honestly I don't think this is ever going to work with him at a trial. So I don't expect it too. Each day we go we are setting small goals. Today I'm hoping to be able to get four obstacles in a sequence before losing him

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

debjen is offline Senior Member

OMG that sounds so familiar..Not the tunnel part our problem was the weaves..but wondering how much of the course I could get Robbie over before he took off running laps..LOL..and in fact I still am wondering..hoping when we start to trial next month he is doing as well in a trial as he is in a class.

jebsmama is offline Senior Member

One thing for sure, Linda-he enjoys himself.
    Susan
    Bayou Bay's Jeb's Trouble Too, RN, CGC

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Milesmom is offline Senior Member

Silly, silly, Remington.

Ann & Miles
    MACH ARCHEX "Miles" (DOB 3/10/2006) UD RAE MXS MJS OF CW-OB3 CW-ARF CW-AR CW-ZR2 CL-1 (DOB 3/10/2006)
    "Hartley" (DOB 7/21/2012) RN CGC CW-OB1

Amber The Duck Dawg is offline Senior Member

Hang in there and don't give up. It took over 23 weekend trials of me not moving and then heeling her off the course when she would break the start line stay before Amber finally stayed on the startline. Another 5-6 weekends where she would break on one or two runs but stay on others and since then she has stayed everytime. I can now do 3-4 obstacle lead outs with her holding a stay. Eventually it will happen. Just have fun.
    Light, "weedy" individuals are definitely incorrect; equally objectionable are cloddy lumbering specimens. Labrador Retrievers shall be shown in working condition well-muscled and without excess fat. Females should weigh between 55 and 70lbs and Males between 65 and 80lbs. Height females 21.5 to 23.5 inches males 22.5 to 24.5 inches at the withers.

Kelly
    HR Greenwoods Sealion Tsunami SH "Wave" born 3-9-2010
    Greenwoods Amber Wave VCD2 RA SH AX OF WCX CGC "Amber" born 4-13-2005
    Chino Ca