Sometimes "stuff" happens but works out good

Thread: Sometimes "stuff" happens but works out good

Milesmom is offline Senior Member

DefaultSometimes "stuff" happens but works out good

Here in Northeast Ohio, we are enjoying one of our winter storms. Gotta love 'em. For me, living in the snow belt, by this tim of the season, I've just grown used to it and I go about my business without too much concern about the snow.

My upcoming Obedience trial is at Cleveland All Breed and they are having run thru's every other Thursday evening. I went last night. I did't bother to call because I didn't think it was snowing all that much. However, the forecast wasn't very pretty. I just went ahead and drove out there to find a dark building and empty lot. I was sitting there chastising myself for not checking the website or calling. I honestly didn't think it was that bad out, at least not yet. Then a van pulled up and parked. I thought, well, I might as well ask. Although it was obvious the run thru was cancelled, but it never hurts to ask.

I am glad I did. Yes, the run thru was cancelled but this lady was a member and had brought her dogs to work with her for the run thru so she came anyway to take care of some things and work her dogs. She told me that I was welcome to come in and work my dog. She said there is no one to "run me through", but I could work my dog. Sweet!! We went in, set up a high jump, a broad jump and did some back chaining of the Open excersizes. Miles got a good workout at the facility where our next trial is located. Loved it! All I had to do was sign a release. I was thrilled. Where would I have worked my dog otherwise in while it is snowing and windy? So, it wasn't a waste of a trip at all.

Here, I had been thinking I drove out there for nothing. All's well that ends well, right?

Ann & Miles
    MACH ARCHEX "Miles" (DOB 3/10/2006) UD RAE MXS MJS OF CW-OB3 CW-ARF CW-AR CW-ZR2 CL-1 (DOB 3/10/2006)
    "Hartley" (DOB 7/21/2012) RN CGC CW-OB1

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

sarah is offline Senior Member

that was excellent luck! Well done
    Sarah & Milly - Sydney Australia

MicksMom is offline Senior Member

I love it when things work out that way!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

Wow, that's fantastic. I'm glad it worked out for you.

2yellowlabs is offline Senior Member

Ann - I was all set to go too but ended up with a problem I hadn't anticipated. I didn't even call to see what the story was. Glad you were able to do some work with Miles and it sure does help when you can do some training at a facility where you will be showing. Its been snowing all day (Friday). YUK. Tomorrow is the CABTC Grand Opening to show off our expanded space. We have lots planned - many OB demos - and fun stuff. Hope the weather improves by later today so that we have a good crowd for the festivities. B
    Betsy
    Kelleygreens Couer D'Or, CGC,CD, RAE2 - Doro - Nov. 21, 1995 to Jan. 14, 2010
    Kelleygreens The Shamrock Kid, CGC, OM, UDX2, RE, NA, NAJ, AXP, AJP, ASCA CDX, - Shamrock
    Kelleygreens The Few, The Proud, CGC, CDX, GN, NA - Recon

ZRL
    ZRL is offline Senior Member

Maybe it's the cheapskate college student on a shoestring budget in me, but it sounds like you forgot another bonus of the run thru being cancelled.

You didn't have to pay! (I dunno all clubs do it like the ones here, but it's generally $5 per at a run thru here).

Milesmom is offline Senior Member

Yep! I got to keep my $5 too!

Betsy, I hope you have a good turnout at your grand opening. It isn't snowing now, so if the media keeps quiet, maybe people will venture out.

I have too many chores to do, so I have to stay home.

Ann & Miles
    MACH ARCHEX "Miles" (DOB 3/10/2006) UD RAE MXS MJS OF CW-OB3 CW-ARF CW-AR CW-ZR2 CL-1 (DOB 3/10/2006)
    "Hartley" (DOB 7/21/2012) RN CGC CW-OB1