He did it to me again.... (video)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: He did it to me again.... (video)

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

DefaultHe did it to me again.... (video)

Well, I thought we were over this. But Remington decided to play "tunnel man" again at our trial. You can see him in all his glory in this video. I think I'm going to just load him into someone else's crate at the next show.... the turd....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6x3_jQE65d4

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

patm is offline Senior Member

Oh Linda! I had to just laugh out loud at that - what is he doing in there anyways? Looks like he was having a great time!

He gets in there and rolls around like a clown.

It's really not funny anymore. I don't know what to do with the boy. Good thing I love him!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

kaytris is offline Senior Member

He only does this at trials, right? What I'd do is enter FEO in a gamblers or snookers class, where you can choose your course. Pick a tunnel as one of the first obstacles, run him through it, and then excuse yourself, running back to the crate for either a huge reward or a time out.

I'd also be amping up the rewards in training, for doing shortened tunnels initially, then longer tunnels, then tunnels in a sequence, ALWAYS rewarding hugely for focus and drive,

Buddysmom is offline Senior Member

Linda, he is such a googball. Silly boy.

Eiderdowns That's My Buddy
    CDX, RE, WC, CGC, TDInc.
    Monnie

I'd also be amping up the rewards in training, for doing shortened tunnels initially, then longer tunnels, then tunnels in a sequence, ALWAYS rewarding hugely for focus and drive,
    I have done this, and then staggered the treats so he wouldn't know when one was coming, works like a charm... at home... at practices... but not at a trial.

I don't know what FEO is. I think by the time I ran him in a tunnel and left the ring and got to my crate, it would be pointless for any kind of reward.

What I need to do is really punish his butt in there, but I can't do it at a trial. Believe me, the images of my kicking his @$$ in there (from outside) the tunnel has popped into my head more than once. He's a tough old bird, so doing this wouldn't discourage him from tunnels, but would let him know mom was ticked off and he better listen... but alas all I can do is use happy voice and clap my hands. I've tried remaining totally silent as well, that worked once, but not since.

Ah well, he's just a crowd charmer

kaytris is offline Senior Member

FEO - for exhibition only.

Have the treats at ringside, if club rules permit.

I dunno if that would work. I think it would cause him to want to leave the ring for treats. I don't think he would equate the tunnel to the treats outside the ring. And I think I'd have to do this a LOT of times. I only get to four trials a year, so that's a bit hard to do. Also, what if I ran him through the tunnel and he did the same thing, just stayed in there to roll about and play?

Could I possible use TNT to blow him out of the tunnel

Just kidding.

I wish I could understand WHY he does this to begin with, then maybe I could better understand a way to control him.

debjen is offline Senior Member

Oh boy..I know it isn't funny..I remember the days that Robbie ran around the ring coming just close enough that you couldn't reach him before running off again doing laps again..more than one person told me good thing he is cute..*G*...at age almost 4 he is getting better but still isn't over it.

Milesmom is offline Senior Member

Could it be a stress behavior? I still have no suggestions for how to fix it.

Ann & Miles
    MACH ARCHEX "Miles" (DOB 3/10/2006) UD RAE MXS MJS OF CW-OB3 CW-ARF CW-AR CW-ZR2 CL-1 (DOB 3/10/2006)
    "Hartley" (DOB 7/21/2012) RN CGC CW-OB1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast