Displaying Titles
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Displaying Titles

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

DefaultDisplaying Titles

I've seen a lot of people doing stuff like this..

Doggie Dog Name CD, CDX, UD(2) NA NAJ(1) etc.

I was always told that when you get the next level title, you drop the first one. So once you get your CDX, you no longer display the CD after your dog's name. It's a given that he earned the CD to get the CDX. Also I'm not sure why people are putting the legs they have earned after the dogs names ... UD(1). What's up with that. They haven't earned the UD yet so shouldn't have it there at all, right. Or am I just old school?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

I thought it was as you described. I dropped RN and RA when they got RE. I will drop CD if they ever get CDX. (But that's a mighty big IF. )

Let me ask you this, since we're talking about it: Do you display the first title they got closest to their name, then move outward from there? What about agility titles and obedience titles...should those be grouped together in chronological order, or separately (obedience then agility, or vice versa) in chronological order?

I do group mine in the order they got them, and I put the AKC titles first, then following by USDAA and CPE, grouping those titles together.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Milesmom is offline Senior Member

Funny you should post this. I was wondering about that just the other day. If you have the RE, the RN and RA should go without saying.

Okay, I can shorten my list then. It is getting a bit obnoxious.

Ann & Miles
    MACH ARCHEX "Miles" (DOB 3/10/2006) UD RAE MXS MJS OF CW-OB3 CW-ARF CW-AR CW-ZR2 CL-1 (DOB 3/10/2006)
    "Hartley" (DOB 7/21/2012) RN CGC CW-OB1

I certainly wasn't pointing at you Ann, I was just mentioning what I was taught years ago, and I wondered if it had changed because I see a lot of folks doing what you do, listing all the titles. Nothing really wrong with it, and I know you are darned proud of every single one!

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

In obedience you are still suppose to drop the previous title. I think people are doing it simply because of all the agility people who have a list of titles that can fill a page.
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

Amber The Duck Dawg is offline Senior Member

I agree with you. In tracking though while you do have to start with a TD after that you can either go for a VST or a TDX, solisting all tracking titles makes sense. And of course this means you could have a VCD 4 and never qualify for a VCD 3. I haven't seen to many people include CD, CDX on the same dog but I have seen a few. Of course AKC is adding to this by adding more titles in Obedience OM1 OM2 OMG!!! (I know it is actually OGM) lol

Kelly and Greenwoods Amber Wave CDX JH AX OAJ OF WCX CL-1F and most importantly SW Sock wizzard bestowed on AMber by Angus Fangus for her ability to make socks dissapear and reapear!
    Light, "weedy" individuals are definitely incorrect; equally objectionable are cloddy lumbering specimens. Labrador Retrievers shall be shown in working condition well-muscled and without excess fat. Females should weigh between 55 and 70lbs and Males between 65 and 80lbs. Height females 21.5 to 23.5 inches males 22.5 to 24.5 inches at the withers.

Kelly
    HR Greenwoods Sealion Tsunami SH "Wave" born 3-9-2010
    Greenwoods Amber Wave VCD2 RA SH AX OF WCX CGC "Amber" born 4-13-2005
    Chino Ca

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

Only two dogs in the history of the AKC have achieved the distinction of SW. Congratulations to me and you, Kelly! LOL

Henery&Ollie's mom is offline Senior Member

I'm assuming ours is right cuz Henry hasn't gotten any title past the first ones of each venue. lol. Although, he does have both his AKC and CKC CDs and RNs.
    Last edited by Henery&Ollie's mom; 02-05-2010 at 08:41 PM.

Felicia, you do display your CKC titles. Just not sure what those are, but it's okay to put them in. So if you have an AKC CD, you display that AND the CKC one as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast