CPE yesterday

Thread: CPE yesterday

Milesmom is offline Senior Member

DefaultCPE yesterday

Well, agility trials are always a long day. Came home pooped!

The big win for me was that my grand daughter really had a nice time. She liked being there and was VERY GOOD. She already knows not to greet a dog without asking, that has been drilled into her head her whole life. She didn't get bored, and when I needed her to let me think or do something she was very good. Her nintendo DS certainly was a help! I still kept a close eye on her because she is very social and I wanted to make sure she wasn't annoying anyone. She was good. I am hoping that maybe I can inspire an interest in the sport for her. She was enchanted with my friend's min pin. The people at the CPE trial were very nice to her and those that had dogs that like children were happy to bring them to her to let her pet them which she loved!

Now to our results.

We started out strong with a perfect run in Full House. We did level 2. Zero faults and first place! The best part was that I chose to try the weaves and he nailed them! That was the highlight right there!

In Wildcard, he got too anxious and broke his starting line stay, hit the tire and kind of got away from me, went off course. We corrected it, but it was an NQ.

Snooker was really hard. Evenfor level 1 and 2. We blew that by backjumping a red instead of wrapping.

I will say, Miles was fired up and wanted to cook. I liked seeing that in him. For me, as a handler though, I need to build stronger handling skills with him so we can have more control. He got a little wild out there. The starting line stay is an obvious one and Ann needs to work on her skills.

I am sure that my grand daughter's presence was a bit of distraction for me. I probably would have watched more snooker runs if she weren't there and been more thoughtful on my walkthru. It was worth it to me because I am building a foundation in her too. All in all it was a great day!

Oh, and I got to meet Coyote and her chocolate lab which was nice. Coyote, did anyone Q in snooker?

Ann & Miles
    MACH ARCHEX "Miles" (DOB 3/10/2006) UD RAE MXS MJS OF CW-OB3 CW-ARF CW-AR CW-ZR2 CL-1 (DOB 3/10/2006)
    "Hartley" (DOB 7/21/2012) RN CGC CW-OB1

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

debjen is offline Senior Member

Sounds like a nice day...glad your grandaughter enjoyed herself..

jebsmama is offline Senior Member

Sound like a wonderful day and what I call a good tired.
    Susan
    Bayou Bay's Jeb's Trouble Too, RN, CGC

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

Great day, and I'm so glad your granddaughter had a good time too. Big Congrats on the 1st in Full House, that is great!

Coyote is offline Junior Member

No one Qd that I know of. I did the exact same mistake you did. I was told I should have just kept going with her and brought her around since she is so green. Will we ever get all thee handling skills down? When your out there running you seem to forget half of what you learned.
    Good luck at the obedience trials in March. Are you going to Medina in two weeks?

Milesmom is offline Senior Member

Thanks!

Yes, I will be in Medina in two weeks. We are coming on Sunday this time.

Yes, things happen so fast in the agility ring, you really have to learn to think quickon your feet. Miles and I are green dog and green handler. Luckily Miles is very forgiving of mom's mistakes.

Ann & Miles
    MACH ARCHEX "Miles" (DOB 3/10/2006) UD RAE MXS MJS OF CW-OB3 CW-ARF CW-AR CW-ZR2 CL-1 (DOB 3/10/2006)
    "Hartley" (DOB 7/21/2012) RN CGC CW-OB1