"What is holding you back ?"

Thread: "What is holding you back ?"

Deanna1002 is offline Senior Member

Thumbs up"What is holding you back ?"

wanted to share this with all, it's a great blog by Susan Garrett.

http://susangarrettdogagility.com/20...-you-back.html

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

good blog.

I can honestly says that neither pride or humility hold me back. I have failed, many times. I just pick myself up and go forward. I have attemped many things in life that I've failed at, and many things that I've succeeded at as well.

What holds me back in my goals for dog sports are money, time, and health. I don't have much spare money these days. I don't have much free time to go to shows, and old age is slowly creeping up on me making things I used to do so easily, hard. I am determined not to let health matters stop me from my goals, but I have come to realize... it may not stop me, but it is making the journey to the goal a bit difficult as I have to play the game a bit differently.

So, onward and upward. Live, learn, laugh and most importantly have fun along the way

Deanna1002 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by 3TailsWaggin View Post

So, onward and upward. Live, learn, laugh and most importantly have fun along the way
    you're very right. Not many have your mind set! Last sunday at field class a guy smacked his dog with a bumper because the lab was being a PUP!!!! He was thrown out of the class that day!!!! i was ready to throw all of apples bumpers at his head.

You're also right about the money. Dog obedience/tracking/agility/etc. are very expensive sports.
    I can't rememeber the last time i bought myself shoes or clothes

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Milesmom is offline Senior Member

Great blog! Thanks for posting. It is natural to want to perform well "when the teacher is looking" but,truly, it is better for them to see your common struggles. It is then they can help you correct them. That is what you are paying for after all!

One of my agility instructors (we have a pair teaching my class!) never hesitates to tell my thaty my dog performed beautifully but his handler screwed up. She always shows me how to correct my screw up.

My obedience instructor is never at my trials but she asks for video tapes, especially the bad runs. Naturally, I hate sending her those, but that is where she can see the problems and help with them.

Of course, time and money are can hold you back. What can you do?

Ann & Miles
    MACH ARCHEX "Miles" (DOB 3/10/2006) UD RAE MXS MJS OF CW-OB3 CW-ARF CW-AR CW-ZR2 CL-1 (DOB 3/10/2006)
    "Hartley" (DOB 7/21/2012) RN CGC CW-OB1