Entered Tracking Tests
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Entered Tracking Tests

Amber The Duck Dawg is offline Senior Member

DefaultEntered Tracking Tests (WE ARE IN A TEST!)

I entered Amber in a couple of tracking tests just waiting to see if we get accepted. I am not real happy with how the scheduled the tests. there is an area where there is room for about 10 TD tracks max. There is a specialty using the area for tracking next Tuesday, then 5 days later is the first TD test and then a week after that is the 2nd TD test. So they will be laying tracks on tracks that are only 4 1/2 days old so that might be interesting. and then because the two tests are only a week apart you do not know by closing of the 2nd one if you will get into the first one so you have to enter both of them.
    If I don't get into these two then the only other test will be in March and then the next one will be the Labrador Nationals in October of 2010 (it is local to me, in the same city even!) however my certification to enter a tracking test will expire 20 days before the Lab Nationals so I will have to be recertified by a judge...Sigh I know I am just whining...lol

Kelly
    Last edited by Amber The Duck Dawg; 01-30-2010 at 02:25 AM.
    Light, "weedy" individuals are definitely incorrect; equally objectionable are cloddy lumbering specimens. Labrador Retrievers shall be shown in working condition well-muscled and without excess fat. Females should weigh between 55 and 70lbs and Males between 65 and 80lbs. Height females 21.5 to 23.5 inches males 22.5 to 24.5 inches at the withers.

Kelly
    HR Greenwoods Sealion Tsunami SH "Wave" born 3-9-2010
    Greenwoods Amber Wave VCD2 RA SH AX OF WCX CGC "Amber" born 4-13-2005
    Chino Ca

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Deanna1002 is offline Senior Member

my friend just got second alternative on the next one, so shes hoping to get into one in march as well. I wish you lots of luck so that you get into next test and title! This is so exciting. If there's one title i want more then any other it has to be a tracking title.
    Are you planning on working tdx with her after she gets this?

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

Good luck and I hope you get in.

The way they do entries, etc, is one reason I opted not to get involved in tracking. You do a lot of training, and then can't get into a trial. There aren't many at all in our area, so getting in is virtually a no-go.

I would like to do it, I think it would be fun, but it's just not practical these days. Open land is slowly disappearing

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Just got the call for the first test. We are alternate #8 so we most definately won't get in. We were 16 out of 21 total dogs. Being a Belgian Trevurn club they took those dogs first and then draw for the rest of the breeds.
    The only nice thing about tracking is they lay a spare track in case something happens to one of the other tracks and then if it is not used they will let the 1st alternate run it for a titling track. I think I will take Amber there on test day just in case, and only because it is about 10 minutes from my house.
    Hope I do better on the draw next Thursday for the next test. I am glad we only have to pass once to get a title.

Kelly
    Light, "weedy" individuals are definitely incorrect; equally objectionable are cloddy lumbering specimens. Labrador Retrievers shall be shown in working condition well-muscled and without excess fat. Females should weigh between 55 and 70lbs and Males between 65 and 80lbs. Height females 21.5 to 23.5 inches males 22.5 to 24.5 inches at the withers.

Kelly
    Chino Ca

Milesmom is offline Senior Member

Wow, seems like a lot of hassle. I hope you get in that second test!

If they don't take you, they don't take your money, right?

Ann & Miles
    MACH ARCHEX "Miles" (DOB 3/10/2006) UD RAE MXS MJS OF CW-OB3 CW-ARF CW-AR CW-ZR2 CL-1 (DOB 3/10/2006)
    "Hartley" (DOB 7/21/2012) RN CGC CW-OB1

They give you your check back I think after the day of the trial. They keep the check till then in case you do get in at the last minute. I think that is how it works but this is my first attempt at entering a tracking test.

Kelly
    Chino Ca

That makes sense. I wondered because someone said on here that they stopped entering because they were tired of losing entry fees to events they didn't get in to. I thought it would seem odd that they'd keep your entry fee if they were turning you away.

Anyway, good luck on getting into the next test!!

Ann & Miles
    MACH ARCHEX "Miles" (DOB 3/10/2006) UD RAE MXS MJS OF CW-OB3 CW-ARF CW-AR CW-ZR2 CL-1 (DOB 3/10/2006)

Well They did the drawing for the 2nd tracking test tonight and we ended up 3rd alternate. This is actually not as bad as it seems because some of the dogs got into both tests so if they qualify in the first test hopefully they will withdraw from the second test. You only need 1 pass to get a title in tracking. All I can do is wait and see and show up at the tests and wait and see. Tracking is a game of patience...sigh.

Kelly and Amber

Kelly
    Chino Ca

Good luck! I hope you get to track!

Ann & Miles

A_Person is offline Junior Member

Wow I didn't realize how difficult it is to get into a test. We're starting our training for tracking in two weeks. We have quite a bit of open land in my area, but I think it's still just as hard around here.
    Major, CD RE CGC (AKC) RA (ASCA)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast