New Year's CPE agillity trial

Thread: New Year's CPE agillity trial

Milesmom is offline Senior Member

TalkingNew Year's CPE agillity trial

Hi everyone! I finally got caught up on other things enough to come and report on our CPE trial over New Year's weekend.

First of all, thank God I had a friend who was able to grab a crating spot for me. Actually, one of our friends trialed on Thurs and Friday so I took her spot for Saturday and Sunday. That place was packed! We had single digits outside with a wind chill so crating in the car was not an option I was going to be comfortable with, so I am very grateful for my friend .

We had a great weekend! It was alot of fun and even though we hadn't been in agility class in a month, Miles didn't forget what it was all about. He thinks agility is fun so that helps. I take him running with me every morning, so he hadn't lost any fitness over the month either.

We started with Jackpot and we didn't get there as early as I wanted because my hubby was with me. I am still new to these games and they are hard to figure out just by reading the rules. As always, there were friendly folks there willing to help guide me. We started strong with 0 faults and first place! (Level 1)

Next was Standard and we had 5 faults (I believe it was an off course) but we qualified, earned our Standard Level 1 title and got third place.

Colors on Saturday, we had 0 faults and second place.

Wildcard on Saturday, we had 5 faults and first place. This earned us our Handler Games Level 1 title.

Sunday

Sunday starte with Full House. We had 0 faults and 1st place. This got us our Level 1 FUN title.

We moved up to Level 2 for Colors and we had 5 faults and 2nd place. Also a Q.

Snooker! What a fun game. We nailed our opening and we were home free for the course. Then I knocked a jump with my hand! That NQ'd us but Miles performed beautifully. He wasn't mad at me for the NQ because he still got his hot dogs and his chance to chase a tennis ball after leaving the ring .

Finally, we finished the weekend with Jumpers. We moved up to level 2 for Jumpers. It was a beautiful and perfect run. Too bad the video card was full for that one! 0 faults, second place!!

It was a great weekend, and if a certain handler hadn't knocked a jump we'd have received a perfect weekend ribbon. Oh well, if I have learned anything in my 49 years on this planet, I have learned that s#!t happens.

It was a fun weekend and I had lots of laughs with my friends. I definitely see how agility can become addicting. Seeing my dog smiling after we finish is the best! He looks up at me as if to say "SUWEEEEEEEEEET!!!!

Ann & Miles
    MACH ARCHEX "Miles" (DOB 3/10/2006) UD RAE MXS MJS OF CW-OB3 CW-ARF CW-AR CW-ZR2 CL-1 (DOB 3/10/2006)
    "Hartley" (DOB 7/21/2012) RN CGC CW-OB1

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Here's a link to our Jackpot run. Will post more later.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ef14peMBj5k

Ann & Miles
    MACH ARCHEX "Miles" (DOB 3/10/2006) UD RAE MXS MJS OF CW-OB3 CW-ARF CW-AR CW-ZR2 CL-1 (DOB 3/10/2006)

debjen is offline Senior Member

Congrats on a nice weekend

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

Wow, you did GREAT. And you were so worried I knew you would have a good time.

What was the jackpot? I can't see it from the video you posted. We had really weird ones at the last CPE trial I was at, send into a tunnel, over a jump, call back to you and send out to the table. Ruger did it, but Remington got confused when I called him back and tried to send him out to the table, he finally did it, but we were out of time.

Thanks Linda!

It was a non-traditional jackpot. Essentially, it was a game that the judge made up. Anyway, a accomplished the goal and then hurried to the table after the horn. I wish I could remember what the game was but that was the first run so I barely remember anymore!

Ann & Miles