Goals for 2010
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Goals for 2010

patm is offline Senior Member

DefaultGoals for 2010

So now that we have a fresh new year starting, what are your goals for you and your dogs in 2010?

Emilu and I need one more show to finish our RAE, I would love to get our CX, but if not that, then I would like to at least get a qualitying leg! I am also going to work on some DockDog stuff and if she will start jumping off the dock on our new pond at home, I'll take her to some practice sessions and join the Buckeye DockDogs. We also might go after that WC this year - I put if off every year because of time issues, and probably will this year too, but one can always hope .
    Skippy got his CGC last year, and I was so proud of him and promised him he could "retire", but he does so well practicing at home and heels so nicely that I still have that little voice in my head that says "he only needs 2 legs to get his RN - I KNOW he could do it!" ( if he isn't lame that day, or deciding that it is TIME TO GO HOME when his turn is next.)
    I don't think that a new pup is on the sights for this year - with the addition of 2 cats to the household, I need to get a better handle on the animals I have and try to keep SU's allergies in control, but I am always looking at kennels, and even starting to Google "hunting poodles"

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

If we get through the orientation assessment in a couple weeks, our goal is for HK to become a certified therapy dog. Hopefully in a couple weeks I will know the letters involved.
    The same club does other training, need to get familiar with the options and may add something else in there.
    Oh! Almost forgot. We willalso be visiting lots of places to see if anyone has the audacity to say something about HK having to leave. I decided that willbe a test I will use to find out if I want to do business at specific places. Okay, I know the grocery store is out, and most restaraunts. But those are not necessarily the business' decision.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

debjen is offline Senior Member

our goals

Robbie needs one more leg to get his Exellent FAST agility title giving us our first ever Excellent title (Riley retired before he got an excellent title)..I also would like to see him get into excellent in all his other agility classes. He also needs one more leg to get his CD although we focus more on the agility I would like to get that title.

Cedar is working on his open agility titles too and I would like to see him get to the excellent level too. If we get Robbie's CD then I would like to work on his CD.

Flyer will be in training most of this year for agility, rally and obedience. If things progress as I hope then he may be entered in his first agility trial in October when he turns 2 or we may wait til next year.

Riley is still working on his championship couch potato skills..he will be 12 next month and every year he is still with me is all the prize we need.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

Well, it's not going to be a prosperous year for us. I have already resigned from my dog club as I simply cannot afford the dues and I won't be showing much at all this year.

I do have some goals though. I am planning on starting to work with Remington toward his CD. Also will begin teaching him things like retrieving the dumbbell, go outs, etc., just for fun at this point as I know he won't be ready to show in any of this for years yet, but we can at least make an effort to get going on it. He likes to learn. He gets very excited when we are learning new things, his problem is staying focused for any length of time. Step by step we will work on him.

I hope to finish Ruger's RAE. We need 3 more legs. I honestly don't know if we will though as I have no spare money for entry fees.

Amber The Duck Dawg is offline Senior Member

Goals: Finish Ambers Senior Hunter title, Train and possibly compete in utility obedience, Build first dock in Southern California for a dock diving dogs, Judge first hunt test, run Amber in a tracking test, Compete and work at Labrador Nationals, Look for a puppy, Get Ambers Rally Excellent title.

I think that is all..

Kelly
    Light, "weedy" individuals are definitely incorrect; equally objectionable are cloddy lumbering specimens. Labrador Retrievers shall be shown in working condition well-muscled and without excess fat. Females should weigh between 55 and 70lbs and Males between 65 and 80lbs. Height females 21.5 to 23.5 inches males 22.5 to 24.5 inches at the withers.

Kelly
    HR Greenwoods Sealion Tsunami SH "Wave" born 3-9-2010
    Greenwoods Amber Wave VCD2 RA SH AX OF WCX CGC "Amber" born 4-13-2005
    Chino Ca

kaznalf is offline Senior Member

Really want to try dockdiving at the local game fair this year

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

Goals for 2010:

Caleb--continue and hopefully finish his OTCh. I will be showing him some in Rally to get ready for the 2010 All-Star Performance Dog Championship in August.

Micah--here is the challenging one. Want to finish his RAE so I can show him in Super Rally at All-Star along with Caleb (in case they don't have it in 2012). Hope to have him ready to get his Canadian CD in July and from there we'll see how soon we'll be in the AKC obedience ring. Will also show him in UKC breed and obedience, too.
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

erika348 is offline Junior Member

Guinness will have Dock Diving and earning his Rally Novice title. I hope to also start showing him in Obedience.

Canyon Labradors is offline Senior Member

Maddy needs 3 RAE legs for her title. Will probably try her in UKC Rally, at least RO1 until I get the hang of the differences.

Grace will do some more training and we'll see about her CD, otherwise, I'll try getting her RE. Maybe we'll try RO1 with her as well.

Jed should be able to earn his RN this year. Though his main goal is to finish his UKC Grand Champion conformation title, and maybe see if he's mature enough for AKC conformation.

Hudler is basically retired, though I keep thinking maybe I could get his RA or the RO1 on him.

Jack, well, he's going to be one of those problem dogs. Maybe when he's 5 he'll be calm enough to do anything OB/Rally related. I am just lucky he got his CGC in 2009. He'll be focused on conformation.

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

Jack, well, he's going to be one of those problem dogs. Maybe when he's 5 he'll be calm enough to do anything OB/Rally

This is exactly Remington I'm hoping when he's 5 we can venture into the obedience ring... maybe

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast