APDT Rally Champion (ARCH)

Thread: APDT Rally Champion (ARCH)

DefaultAPDT Rally Champion (ARCH)

Hey everyone. We had a great weekend in Washingtonville, OH at an APDT Rally trial. Miles earned his Championship on Saturday with some really awesome scores and even a perfect 210 in level 1. On Sunday, he did even better and earned two legs toward his ARCHX.

I am very proud of my guy!
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: APDT Rally Champion (ARCH)

Congrats!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

debjen is offline Senior Member

Good job..congrats to you both

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

Congratulations!

What are the requirements for an ARCH. I've not heard of this one before. Would like to know. Thanks!

Keep up the great work!!

patm is offline Senior Member

Great job guys!!! Big congrats!

Hi Raian! Sorry it took me so long to reply.

I registered my dog with the Association of Pet Dog Trainers (APDT) and they hold rally competitions. They don't do obedience or agility, just rally. APDT allows any dog, including mixed breeds that they refer to as All American.

The rally courses are considerably longer and more difficult than AKC but they allow rewards at the end of any stationary excersize, which would be a sit or a down. However, in between the food must be in your pocket not in your hand and luring with your finger is not allowed in APDT. I say that because often I hear people thinking that it is easy because you can have food in the ring but that isn't the case. You cannot use it as a lure. The dog must perform, then the reward can come out of the pocket. It is sort of double edged sword because you can lose points if you drop food and you can lose points or NQ if the dog breaks position to get the food (pop up from a down).

Like AKC they have three levels 1, 2 and 3. Level 1 is on leash. 2 and 3 are off. There are titles RL1, RL2 and RL3 respectively. There are 210 points possible 200 + a 10 point bonus excersize. 170 is needed to qualify.

The ARCH can be achieved once a dog has earned RL1 and RL2 by have 5 double qualifying scores of 190 or better in level 1 and level 2.

Our next goal is the ARCHX which requires the ARCH + 5 double qualifying scores of 195 or better in level 1 and level2.

Finally, the big daddy which would be similar to the RAE is the ARCHEX which requires the ARCHX plus 10 double qualifying scores of 195 or better in level 2 and level 3. But, as you can see, you have to do better than qualify in both, you must qualify with a good score.

APDT is fun. Although they allow mixed breeds there are many pedigreed dogs. I see most of the same people at APDT trials that I see at AKC. The atmosphere is a little more relaxed but the judging really isn't. The dog must perform correctly or lose points. At least that has been my experience. One nice thing for me was, when we first started graduating to off leash work in rally, it was nice to do APDT first so I could have treats then I moved to AKC RA.

Thanks for asking!

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

That does sound like fun! I don't think we have anything like that around my area.

I wish we could use food for rewards in between exercises in Utility. I know we'd pass quickly!

lcspt is offline Senior Member

Congratulations!!!!
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

CaliforniaLabLover is offline Senior Member

Whoo-hooooo!!! Congratulations!!!

~Julie, Rogue, Monty, and Eddy~

"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." -Anon